Chapter 31

She turned to me and looked at me in disbelief as I held the box open, the diamond shined in the sealing light above.

I originally was going to give this to her as a promise ring but this can work as engagement ring just as well.

"Oh my god  Stefano it's beautiful" she said looking at me with her mouth open.

"But I can't , you can't, I mean we're young and just getting our lives started how do you even know this is something that you want?" she said frantically.

"I've known I wanted this from the moment we sat together and drank a whole bottle of vodka and ate a whole basket of french fries together and did not throw up" I said with a laugh at the end which made her laugh.

"Yes we may be 18 and yes it may be scary but we have each other to get through it, i'm ready to go on this journey called life with you as my lifetime partner"

"So will you Iyanna Peterson, make me the happiest mafia leader in the world( and there's not many of those) and become my wife?"

I said with a smile holding the ring box out further to her.

"Yes"

she said with tears coming down her cheeks as she fell into my arms.

I put the ring on her finger and gave her a kiss .

"Mrs.Casanova ,I like the sound of that" I said as we locked hands and looked at each other with adoring smiles.

"What can I say, every king does need its queen" she said looking at me with a smile and then giving me a kiss.

When she pulled back her eyes widened, not in fear or worry but in excitement.

"This means I get to plan my sleeping beauty spring wedding" she said with a adoring voice.

"I don't know who the hell that is, but yes you get to plan a spring wedding" I said with a smile before we kissed again.

She jumped up and stood on the bed.

"IM GETTING MARRIED!" she yelled from the top of her lungs.

I smiled at the sight of her.

"This calls for a celebration, ima go to the kitchen and open a bottle of whine" she said pointing to me and then jumping off the bed and running downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat up at the edge of the bed and laughed, life with Iyanna was going to be one hell of a ride that, I was damn sure ready for.

I picked up the phone and called Fernando.

"Hey Fernando, guess who's getting married...

*******************************************

Fernando yelped in excitement, "Really kid you! oh my god" he said screaming through the phone.

"Yea I asked Iyanna to be my wife and she said yes" I said with a smile.

"Honestly kid I am very and truly happy for you, but you do know-" -" yes I know there is much to speak about, but that can wait until tomorrow, tonight is a celebration of a new future and a start of something great"

I said glancing over to see Iyanna walk back in the room quietly with two whine glasses and a bottle.

she came and sat next to me in her silk robe, as I placed my hand on her thigh.

"Your damn right it is, i'm happy for the two of you" he said before hanging up.

I put the phone down and Iyanna passed me a glass.

"Who was that?" she asked as I held the glass while she poured whine in it.

"Fernando, I called to tell him the great news" I said smiling before taking a sip.

"Oh really, what did he say?" she said placing the bottle down.

"Well he was very shocked and excited" I said looking at her eyebrows raised.

"Why shocked?" she said taking a sip of whine.

"Ever since my father died I've never been the type to show much emotion towards anything especially love, it was a part of me and apart of the job, but that is until I met you Iyanna Peterson, and you brought the light back inside my body and showed me what it was too feel again"

I said rubbing my thumb across her cheek as she smiled and blushed.

"But there is something wrong" I said looking at her devastated.

Which made her head tilt to the side in concern.

"This is not the right drink for a celebration, we need the expensive stuff the good stuff, follow me" I said getting up and holding my hand out for Iyanna to grab and follow.

I reached down at the bottom of my cabinet and bulled out a black diamond box that sparkles in the light.

"This was the gift Fernando gave me when I became mafia leader, he said that it was meant to be opened on that special day"

"So why did you never open it?". Iyanna asked.

"Because I knew there would be a day greater then that, and there is, today"

I said looking at Iyanna and sitting the box down on the counter.

"The box it's self is 15k and the bottle is 25k"

I said taking the bottle out and placing it down.

"smWhoa, why would someone even pay that much for something that they are going to drink?" Iyanna said with her eyes widened.

I chuckled.

"Because they are old rich mafia leaders who believe in expensive quality and taste, also waisting money"

I said with a small laugh.

I popped the bottle Which made a loud noise.

I poured the Champagne in Iyanna and I glass, and the rose gold color sparkled and bubbled.

We cheers and Iyanna took a sip.

"Mmm well definitely has a rich taste to it" she said looking at me with a smile.

I looked at her back with a smile.

"Look Iyanna becoming a Mafia leader was something that was always going to happen, it just happened sooner than anyone including me was expecting, yes I do bad things, and yes I hurt people but I promise you when I say i'm not a bad person"

"In the world I live in we believe business is business no matter what, we are not meant to feel anyway towards what we do to others because it must be done"

"I'm sorry ,that is something I can't change right now I owe it to my papi and my legacy, but if there is one thing I can change it's not telling you the truth"

"You will always know everything, the good, the bad and the ugly, because I learned that the worst pain you could give a person is being lied to and I would never put you through that type of pain"

"I'm ready take you along every gun fights
with me"

I said with a smirk and kissing her hand.

"You don't ever have to feel like you have to tuck that side of you away, i'm in this for the long run baby, and i'm ready for whatever mess spills in our path"

I looked at her straight in her eyes as she did the same to me.

"I love you Iyanna Casanova"-"I love you Stefano Casanova"