Chapter 47

"I want this place tighter than the white house on Inauguration day," I said to my men as they nodded their heads and scurried off into their positions.

It was two hours before Iyanna's and I wedding and while she was getting ready I was out making sure that no one, who hadn't been invited showed up. I just knew Ricky was up to something but I'd be damned he ruin this day for me.

¨Where do you want this to go Mr.Casonva?¨ A woman said holding blossom flowers.

¨I uhm¨

¨Place them on the main table in the center" Veronica said to the women with a soft smile.

I let out a breath of frustration.

"Relax Stefano this is your wedding day a day meant for happiness not stress," she said as she tightened my tie.

"Everything has to be perfect and safe"

"And it will be"

"Trust me after what we did to Ricky little friend he won't dare to show his face today"

"And besides we are fully loaded if he does," she said as she lifted up her dress and showed a knife attached to the side of her thigh.

She winked before walking away.

It was nearly close to the wedding and guests started to flood in.

"Hey kid, you ready for this?" Fernando said coming over to me as he was already eating.

¨As ready as ill ever be¨ I said but he could see the nervousness written all over my face.

¨You look like your going to throw up¨ he said as he continued to stuff his face with food.

¨Not gonna lie Fernando I've never felt this before, not even when I had to take another man life¨

¨Its called being nervous¨ I looked at him as if the word was foreign.

¨You'll do fine kid¨ he said patting my back and heading to his seat.

It was time, everyone took their seat and the wedding bells played, one of the leader's daughters came down the aisle with flowers. 

Jessica and Naomi soon walked down to smiling as they passed by me. 

Then came Iyanna, she was always breathtaking but today she was beyond that.

She walked with a fluffy white ballroom gown with lace on the sleeves, on the top had a gold lining, her hair so soft and bouncy it flowed with the light breeze that was in the air.

I was smiling so hard I thought my cheeks were frozen.

She was absolutely beautiful.

She approached the altar and we turned to each other.

The ceremony began.

The priest was one of our own who also was part of the mafia.

¨Do you Stefano Casonva take Iyanna Peterson to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part 

¨I do¨

¨Do you Iyanna Peterson take Stefano Casonva to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?¨

¨I do¨ 

I placed a ring on her finger and then she placed a ring on my finger.

¨ You have declared your consent before the church¨

¨Now it is time for vows, Stefano you may start¨

¨I think I speak for everyone here when I say I never in the lifetime of me being apart of this life believe I would be standing at the altar confessing my love to the love of my life, but it was like my father always told me the future Is not predicted but it is only told base on your past, you have changed my life for the better in so many ways but ill name the best one yet¨.

¨When I fell you didn't let me get up by myself, you stuck with me way before you even founded out the life that I lived I guess I should say I knew you were the one for me when you sat at the diner and talked to a complete stranger about his dysfunctional life with his family¨

Everyone laughed a little.

¨Im happy to say that I found my other happy, someone who makes me happy and someone who I could love for a thousand lifetimes¨

I could hear everyone's little sobs.

¨Iyanan you may go now¨

¨I always believed there was more to you and that you had the purest of hearts that morning when you came in the diner asking for a coffee and guy was being so rude and you looked at him and told him, that's no way to talk to a lady, and then I ran into you again that same night with the same guy.¨

¨I felt like you were my guardian angel protecting me so the world wouldn't put any more hurt on me, you always say that I'm the one who saved you but it's really you who saved me I came from a life that didn't give me much and you brought me into life into everything I ever needed and wanted and more¨

¨I once heard life is a journey that's better to be taken with someone you love, and I'm sticking by that¨ she said as she smiled at me.

¨By the power vested in me I now pronounce you Husband and wife Mr. and Mrs. Casonova¨ 

I feel like I had been waiting to kiss Iyanna for a lifetime I leaned in and kissed her and everyone cheered.

After the ceremony, we had a reception that was even more beautiful than the ceremony.

We danced we laughed and we partied. This was the happiest I had been in forever.

It was time for Iyanna and I to hit the road for our honeymoon. 

Everyone stood and cheered as Iyanna went into the car I held the door open and Veronica approached me.

¨Im happy for you Stefano¨ she said leaning in as she gave me a hug.

¨But you know what has to happen now don't you¨

¨Yes¨

¨Don't come back until it's done no matter how long it takes ¨ she looked at me with a serious face.

I shook my head in agreement.

¨Take care of the business while I'm gone¨ I said and she walked away with a wink.

Veronica decided to stay since there was much to be done I trusted her with the business.

I got in the car and we drove off......