chapter 24

The hours continued to pass by and it was soon  morning and I never left from in front of Iyanna's room.

"Go home kid, you look like a got damn crime scene" Fernando said walking over to me.

"I'm not leaving her" I said eyes still glued to Iyanna's room.

"I got men surrounded around this building and on this floor and i'll be right here watching the door" he spoke but I still just stayed zoned out at the door.

"Hey" he said loudly which made me turn and look at him.

"You trust me" I shook my head and left.

Inside my apartment everything was still the way I left it from that night, I looked around and then I noticed something.

Nothing was stolen and nothing was out of place and the things that were broken were from Iyanna struggling.

This wasn't a home invasion, someone knew what to do and when to do it.

I called my guys and told them to get the security footage from that night to see if someone was entering the building or if someone was exiting.

I got in the shower but before I did on my night stand there was a black and white photo of me and Iyanna on a picnic the day of thanksgiving, even in black and white her smile still shined through.

I went in the shower and let the water run down me as the blood just washed off into the drain, at that moment my mind relaxed just enough for me to think about something other then that night.

I got out and got dressed, the apartment needed to be clean I didn't have time to do it and the house keeping would ask to many questions on why there was blood everywhere.

So I went with the smartest choice I could think of and called my guys to clean it up.

I headed back over to the hospital and Fernando stood with a smile.

"She's been asking for you"

My eyes glowed with excitement as I went into the room too see Iyanna sitting up eyes open and she wasn't on the oxygen anymore.

"Hi" is all I could find my self saying following with a wide smile.

"Hi" her voice said cracked and so faint you could barely here her when she spoke.

"Are you okay how are you feeling?" I said sitting in the chair next to her bed.

She just looked at me and smiled placing her hand on my face.

"I'm so sorry baby I should of never le-"-"shh" she cut me off.

"No one knew this was gonna happen and you had to go to work I'm just happy your okay"

When she spoke those last words I looked at her confused.

"what you mean" I asked but before she could answer someone came threw the door.

"Boss" One of my men came in and gestured for me too meet him in the hall.

I looked at Iyanna one more time before leaving.

"Talk to me" I said closing the door.

"The security cameras were cut off right when whoever entered but they were cut back on just in time to see them get in a car, now it's not clear who they are but we got a capture of the licenses plate"-"Great run it and track down that car, If its stollen find out where and who got it". he shook his head and walked off.

I walked back in the room and a doctor came in behind me, "alright Iyanna, you are a very strong young lady and you are able to be released today just sign these papers and Mr.Casanova can take you home" she said with a smile and handing some papers over to Iyanna.

Iyanna signed them and was released.

I wanted the apartment to be clean for when Iyanna came home because I didn't want her to  be reminded of what she had to go through that night it was already bad enough she went through it.

Also I got her some of those donuts again after the last ones ended up on the ground.

Iyanna walked in the apartment and saw the pink box placed on the counter.

She looked at me and smiled "My favorite" she said taking a bite out of one of the donuts.

She walked around the house and rubbed her hand on the edge of the counter where there once was blood at.

I could tell she was still taking in everything that happened but I didn't wanna pressure her to talk about something she wasn't ready to.

Night fall came and Iyanna laid in in my arms as I held on to her.

I placed a gun on the night stand something I never do but Iyanna was sleep and just in case anyone was planning on coming back and finishing the job, they were going to have a rude awakening.

"no please please" Iyanna whimpered in her sleep and jumped every time she felt my arms around her.

I looked down and she was crying in her sleep.

"Iyanna, Iyanna look open your eyes" I said lifting her up and gentle tapping her so I wouldn't hurt her soar body.

She opened her eyes tears streaming down her face.

"Your okay , your with me your home" I said looking at her tearful eyes.

"Come here" I said pulling her into a hug and kissing her on her forehead.

She went back to sleep and a message came through on my phone.

A name 'Vincent Loyd'...