Chapter 67

"So you just let her go?" Iyanna said with a hint of aggression and anger in her voice.

"It was her decision Iyanna," I said with a sigh and annoyance in my voice as I was beginning to walk up the steps.

"That's bullshit," She said which made me turn around.

"This pregnancy is bringing out the worst in you," I said before walking up the stairs, which infuriated her more making her follow me.

"She is your sister and she has nowhere to go"

"She is also a grown adult who is capable of making her own decisions"

"Besides she was fine before we met her I'm sure she will be fine now"

I said sitting down on the bed.

"Did you ever say anything to her"

I stayed quiet and thought about how much I wanted to tell her to stay and that she has a safe place to call home.

But another part of me felt it wasn't my responsibility.

"We have bigger things to worry about Iyanna," I said falling onto the bed and letting out a sigh.

This has been a constant conversation between Iyanna and me.

"Yea, yea there is always something bigger and more important even tho I don't know what could be more important than family" Iyanna's voice started to fade out as she walked out of the room and down the steps.

I laid down on the bed for a few with my mind wandering but soon got up letting out a breath.

Iyanna stood in the kitchen with a glass full of wine, she wasn't drinking it she was just staring at it in deep thought.

"What are you doing?" I said coming down the last few steps and leaning against the wall.

My arms folded and my face froze with a smirk at the slight annoyance and anger on Iyanna's face.

"I'm looking at a glass of wine that I wish I could chug but can't because I am pregnant with your child"

I chuckled deeply and unfolded my arms as I began walking slowly toward her.

"Still mad at me baby?" I said as I glided my fingers down the side of her cheek which made her move her head in annoyance.

"Why can't you just show compassion and sympathy for others?"

She said letting out a breath unfolding her arms and looking up at me.

"I do, I show it to you all the time....., here look I'll show it to you right now," I said lifting her up and placing her on top of the island.

I pulled her hips forward making her body press against me.

"Caring," I said kissing her lips.
"Compassionate," I said slipping my hands under her as my fingers gripped her.
"Loving" My hot breath traveled down the side of her neck as I placed a kiss down it.

"I'm not others, I'm your wife" My lips trailed back up her neck until my eyes met with hers again.

"Making you the only other person that I need to give these things too"

"You and you," I said kissing her stomach.

I looked at the scar on her stomach, my face growing tense at the sight.

"Stefano," Iyanna said softly tilting her head to try to get her eyes to meet mine.

"They hurt you and that's on me, I couldn't protect you, my most important job and I can't even do it," I said lifting up from her stomach.

"That's not on you," She said pulling me close to her.

"You didn't pull me into this fight to protect me, you pulled me in it because you knew that I could fight back".

"Our only job now is to protect this baby, even if it means giving my life"

Iyanna's eyes shot with pain and honestly, she would give it all to protect this child even her life and I couldn't argue with her because I would too.

My phone rang and I stepped away from Iyanna to answer it.

"Talk to me"

"We got it" Juno spoke through the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way," I said hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?"

Juno, says my package has arrived.

"What is it?"

"Something that's gonna create a lot of noise to grab some attention," I said with a smirk ish face.

I walked out of the house and continued to my warehouse.

When I arrived my men stood around where the package was.

I took the bag off the women's head who sat tied to the chair.

She was in a daze by the light but her eyes soon fell on me and she smirked.

"Mr. Casanova, I have never seen you as the kidnapping type," She said laughing.

"Don't you think you're a little out of your league here to be torturing"

I chuckled.

"Torturing women was never my thing, I like to say I was raised better than that, but when you are Ruiz's right hand well then you see I'm in a bit of a shamble here"

"You call yourself the mafia king, your nothing but a kid in a suit," She said with anger and spite with every word.

"So what are you going to do, torture me until I tell you everything you wanna know"

I chuckled again walking slowly to her.

"Nope, just here to send a message for your leader".