Chapter 43

*knock* knock*

I got up and went downstairs it was 5 in the morning, and it was storming outside.

The knocking continued as I inched closer to the door, I pulled out my gun and continued to walk to the door.

No one just knocks on the door at 5 in the morning, there has to be trouble on the other side of the door.

I opened up the door fast pointing the gun straight ahead to see Iyanna.

Her hair was wet from the rain and her face filled with sadness.

I lowered the gun immediately.

"Hi" she spoke with tears in her eyes and sadness in her voice before coming in and hugging me.

I closed the door behind her.

"Hi baby," I said back holding her tighter.

"Umm I'm sorry I know it's late and you were probably sleeping, I just you know I couldn't stay at Naomi's no more I needed air"

She lifted off of me wiping away the tears that had fallen.

"Hey, it's okay this is your home you can come here anytime, what's wrong?" I said giving her a reassuring smile.

"I got a call and umm" She walked over to the counter where she stumbled but grabbed it before falling.

Her face was in complete shock.

"Who called you Iyanna" she looked at me as if she remembers she was telling me something.

It was like she wasn't even there.

"I lost her" she hit the ground tears leaking out of her eyes but still she didn't have any emotion on her face.

"I lost the one thing I had left to call family"

I sat next to her on the floor, for a while we didn't speak, I did the one thing for her that I wish someone would have done for me when I lost my father.

Just be there for her.

"Come on let's get you out of these wet clothes," I said as I lifted up and she lifted up with me.

I began to take her jacket off of her and she just stood there in complete shock.

"She didn't even get to see me walk down the aisle" a single tear came from her eye.

I didn't know what to say to her, she lost her grandmother the woman who stuck by her when everyone else abandoned her.

"Hey look at me Iyanna, I'm so sorry I can imagine the pain because I have been right where you are right now, but one thing I can tell you Is she is so proud of you, she is proud of the strong women you are becoming," I said what I hoped would ease the pain a little although I knew nothing could ease this type of pain.

I pulled her into a hug and we went upstairs.

She laid in bed and I laid next to her she placed her head on me and I wrapped my arms around her.

¨Stefano¨ she spoke softly.

¨Promise me you'll never leave me, promise me that I will never have to mourn you¨

This was something that I couldn't promise Iyanna and I knew she knew that, But she just wanted to hear me say it.

¨I promise¨ I said before we went to sleep.

Iyanna's grandmother's last wish was for her ashes to be poured into the water and sent off with her favorite flowers.

So in the morning, I got up and Iyanna and I went to go collect her grandmother's ashes along with blossom flowers.

We went to a small lake, it was just Iyanna and me.

She laid the flowers down into the water and sprinkled the ashes around her.

¨Go be one with nature now mama¨ she said and with a gentle blow of the wind, the flowers drifted off into the water.

Iyanna stood next to me and we stood in silence.

¨The last time I went to go visit my mama I showed her a picture of me and you and she said I looked so happy and I told her I was, I was getting married to the love of my life¨

¨And she told me with love like that comes to a lot of drama but always remember that the good of your love outweighs the bad¨

She looked over at me with a smile.

¨I wish you could have met her¨

¨Me too¨ I said back with a smile.

¨So you and Veronica¨

¨Iyanna this is a tuff time for you, we don't have to talk about this right now¨

¨No the tuff part is over I lost my mama and yes it hurts but I have to keep going¨

¨I had a talk with Fernando and he said the love that we have is worth fighting for, and I believe him¨ she said looking out into the water.

¨I have to admit I thought owning a mafia business would be a challenge but admiting to love was a much more complicated road¨ I said looking off into the water also.

¨After you saw me and Veronica I went back to train alone, shortly after she came in we had a conversation about how I abandoned her¨ Iyanna looked at me.

¨Before I became mafia leader, Veronica and I laid at night planning out our future and our wedding¨

¨When she came back here seeing me with you crushed her because what we had is something she once wanted¨

¨So what changed?¨

¨I met you¨"I said with a faint smile still looking off into the water.

¨I Kissed her, but not because I wanted to be with her or because I have feelings for her.¨

¨But because I did love her, she is my best friend the first person I thought of having hopes and dreams with outside the business¨

¨I can admit I do love Veronica but not nearly as much as I love you¨ she looked at me.

¨Because Iyanna I'm in love with you not because you gave me hope and dreams but because you turned my hopes and dreams into reality¨ I turned to her as we looked at each other.

¨You are the only one that I want to put this ring on a finger and have a big ass ceremony for a bunch of people who are going to get too drunk to even remember it¨ I said and we both laughed.

¨So will you Iyanna Peterson marry be again?¨ I said getting down on one knee.

She laughed.

¨I will¨ I put the ring on her finger and stood up.

¨But if you have any more secret ex's that I don't know about that are planning on coming into town, I will bury the both of you myself.

She said with a smile but not a nice one.

¨No more I promise¨ I said with my hands up.