77

"Ummm" is the only words I could find myself forming .

"Well it looks like you two need to have a chat so I'll just come back later."  Alissa spoke laughing as she made her way to the door.

"Oh and Iyanna , this bitch put a blanket on your ass so your welcome." She said before letting the door close.

I looked back at Stefano, mouth still wide open.

"You're gonna have to elaborate on your words a little." I nervously laughed but he didn't laugh at all.

He just kinda looked away sad.

"Hey what's on your mind." I tilted my head down to meet his gaze.

He grabbed my hand again.

"You remember what I told you when you first became my wife?"

"This is a life you can't leave behind ." I answered .

"You understood that and you abide by it everyday in every situation and I expect nothing less because you are nothing other then true love."

If there wasn't a big but to this I would enjoy his words more.

"But I can't let you stand by me anymore not with our child in your stomach and not with our child in your presence.

I said this is a life that follows me."

"This is a life that follows us." I spoke stern .

"It can't be anymore."

As if my emotions alone couldn't get the best of me the hormones of this baby just made it go the extra mile.

"Ima need you to say what you're tryna say with your chest Stefano." I spoke through gritted teeth.

" Until this blows over you will not be in contact with me. I plan on sending you away to a discreet location where you can comfortably birth our daughter." I snatched my hand away.

" This is your million dollar plan."

I was livid.

"Iyann-."

"Oh no Stefano , you can save whatever bigger person bullshit speech you was about to pull out your ass on doing what's best for me .

You want me to be okay with my husband doing God knows what while I birth a child alone?

Tell me YOUR FUCKING JOKING."

Every time I let it sink in more and more the more furious I became over it.

"Calm down." He spoke calmly.

"Why? You clearly wanted to get me started."

I got up walking to the kitchen.

"Let's not be stubborn about this, you know as much as I do we can't keep continuing like this with a child on the way."

"Your right so why the FUCK is my husband trying to ship me off like some package."

"You have one more time to curse at me."

His face was cold but so was mine.

"We need to leave together." I spoke with a shallow breath trying to keep my anger under control.

"That won't stop anything they're gonna keep hunting me until I give in or I'm dead. I don't need y'all in the middle of that."

"So I'm just suppose to wait around for you to let me know if your alive or if your ever plan on coming back. Keep in mind we're talking about this now and I'm 8 months which means you plan on not being there for when I deliver.

That's abandonment."

"It is not." He spoke strongly.

"I'm not leaving."

"It's not up for debate and you know that."

"I hate you ."

I said it with so much spite and disgust.

We held eye contact while the room stayed quiet.

"You'll leave once I have everything in order."

He spoke over it but oh, I wasn't done.

"You hear me , I hate you."

I was in tears at this point .

"I hate that we are in this fucked up situation because you can't put love and family first and now your gonna send me off like I'm the problem?"

" It's not about you being the problem Iyanna . It's about making sure I protect the family I love."

He spoke looking away from me.

" How is leaving me protecting me?" I had no more energy to cry so the tears just ran down my cheeks.

"Because I can't protect you when I'm with you. I'm the problem."

He's right, he's absolutely the problem and the worst part about is he wasn't willing to get fixed for anyone, not even me.

He rather push me away and frame it has him protecting me. Then to put what really matters first.

"You're a coward Stefano." He looked at me.

"You know everyone else may fear you and every one else may see you as this great man with a great empire but I see you as nothing more then someone who is chasing a dream that died with his father and is willing to give up a wife that loves him and a child that needs him to die for a cause that never benefited him.

Well enjoy your life Stefano." I finished the last sentence looking him straight in his eyes as I walked up the stairs.

My head hang heavy on the couch.

Iyanna and I have had our fair share of arguments but this one seemed to really piss her off. I understood, of course I did , but running away with her was a temporary fix. I had to handle this to ensure my family safety and security permanently.

Suddenly the door opened.

Alissa walks through with grocery bags .

"You look strung out". She spoke kicking the door close.

"How are you entering my apartment?"

She then flashed my keys.

"I'm cooking your favorite."

"Psh , I doubt you was around long enough to remember." I gloated .

"Sweet chill and cornbread."

I shot her a glance with a light smirk and she gave one back.

"Will your wife be joining us so I know if I should make extra?"

My head fell back heavy on the couch .

"That bad huh ."

"She told me she hates me. Not even when she found out what I did for a living did she say that too me ."

"Im sure she didn't mean it" she spoke cutting up peppers .

"Oh no , I know every word she spoke came from her heart . She was pissed. She said I'm abandoning her".

Alissa rolled her eyes.

"Told you she's dramatic." She said continuing to cut vegetables.

"I'm letting her down as a husband ." I let the words slip out with no emotion.

Although I wasn't looking at Alissa , I could tell she had stopped what she was doing and looked straight at me .