Chapter 57

My body went numb, as my ear was paralyzed from the loud ringing noise shot off by the gun.

I remember Ricky's body thudding next to mine.

Blood started to surround us, my vision was blurry and my eyes were in a daze.

I still couldn't feel anything so the question being had I been shot, remained a mystery.

¨STEFANO¨ my hearing cleared up just enough to hear Iyanna scream.

She rushed over to me checking to see If I had been shot, by the look on her face I was in the clear.

I smiled, ¨Has anyone ever told you, you have the perfect shot of your husband¨ I said struggling to hold my head up to look at her.

She laughed a laugh of relief.

Then a gruesome chuckle came from Ricky.

She helped me get up and we hovered over a Ricky who smiled a straight smile with blood stained teeth.

"I adore that you think you won this battle but I was never your enemy, i'm less of what's to come your way Stefano" He laughed as blood poured out the side of his mouth.

"Let peace be with death" was his final words.

"Okay lets get you to the hospital make sure everything's okay" Iyanna said placing me in the car.

"I don't remember you getting your license" I said as she got in the drivers seat.

"I don't remember someone who was capable of driving a car when they can't feel nothing" She said starting the car.

She had choose the fastest one in the garage.

"Don't kill us" I said with a worried voice.

She gave what supposed , to be a reassuring smile but it was anything but that.

We arrived at the hospital safely thank god.

The doctor gave me a check up and nothing was severally wrong, I needed a brace and sling for my arm given the impact when I hit the floor but that was about all.

I started to feel some movement again, and shit that fall on to the hard wooden floors hurt.

Iyanna walked into the room after the nurse walked out.

"I need a phone so I can call one of the guys to go clean up the mess at the apartment" I said with my head leaning down.

"Already done, I sent Josh he said he should have it together in a hour"

I looked up at Iyanna with a sparkle in my eye and a smile on my face.

"What?" she said looking at me with a smile.

"Nothing just seeing you take control of getting dead bodies cleaned up really turns me on" I said and we both laughed.

"Gross" she said pushing my arm gently.

"Easy on the arm"

"Oh so you can feel again"

"Yea, kinda wish I was still numb "

"I don't, do you know how heavy your ass is"

"Hey, i'm a growing leader" I said and we laughed.

"I wish I could call Fernando and let him know we got that bastard, that my lovely crazy ass hell, wife took what could of been a life changing shot and kilt him" I said kissing her hand.

"He knows, and Right now he's giving him hell, your father too, they both are"

She said with a smile as I held her hand still.

"Alright MR. Casanova you are in the clear to go home you show no signs of head trauma so theirs no need for you to stay the night, just rest and be easy on the arm" The nurse said with a smile before leaving.

Iyanna and I went home and I climbed up the stairs into the bed.

I sat on the edge of the bed with a mind still cluttered.

"Hey you okay?" Iyanna asked coming in bringing me a glass of water and some pain meds.

"Yea just still taking in the events that happened tonight that's all"

I said taking a sip of the water and tossing the medicine back.

"Killing your cousin, someone that you grew up with is hard and you shouldn't fell like you need to take it lightly. No matter how horrible he was, the same blood ran through both of you, I get it my mind would be spinning too". She said placing a kiss on my cheek.

Iyanna and I laid down, she was sleep but I was still up.

Ricky's last words stood out to me, Ricky was many things a liar, a bastard, a betrayer, but one thing he was always truthful about was when there was more to come.

Apart of me felt as if killing Ricky was only a small piece of the job and there is so much more coming Iyanna and I way that we might not be ready for.

It was like a endless loop of bullets being fired in our direction...