Chapter 39

I woke up to a disturbing text saying that Veronica would be arriving early as in today.

I grew panic because although everything I said to Iyanna was true I didn't know how Veronica felt maybe she felt the total opposite and she's here to see if she can start something back up between us.

Iyanna woke up and I gave her a awkward smile.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing just Veronica is going to be here sooner then expected"

"How soon?"

"Today"

She drifted off into deep thought and then looked back at me with a smile.

"That's great I get to meet her today what time does she land?" Iyanna jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom and started brushing her teeth.

"uh well umm I-I don't really know and you really don't have to come" I stuttered leaning against the door frame.

"Nonsense a friend of yours is a friend of mine"

She said with a smile and I gave her one back.

Veronica was set to land at one and it was now twelve so we started driving to the landing doc to pick her up.

When we arrived Fernando was already there and his eyes widened at the sight of Iyanna stepping out of the car too.

But we played it off as all was normal.

Veronica jet flew in and she stepped off the plane, I haven't seen her in almost 3 years but her beauty still remained.

We immediately locked eyes and I couldn't help but smile, she was just as I remembered her glowing skin long jet black hair a smirk that could strike your heart.

She stepped off the plane and ran into Fernando arms.

"Fernando i've missed you, I see your still not laying off the beef and gravy" she said and they both had a great big laugh.

"Veronica my sweet girl look at you all grown up now how is your father is he still chugging down vodka like it's a beverage?" they laughed again.

Veronica came over to me and my heart was beating so fast and loud I was surprised no one else could hear it.

"Stefano my poor detka (baby)" she said leaning in wit a slight hug and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you feeling?" she said placing a hand on the side of my stomach where my rib had been broken.

"I will be fine" I said grabbing her hand from off my side.

"And who is this lovely gal that stands next to you"

She said walking over to Iyanna with a smile on her face.

"This is Iyanna my fiancé" when those words left my mouth Veronica looked at me mouth wide open and in complete shock.

"Oh my god Stefano I didn't know you were getting married she is beautiful congratulations" she said as she pulled Iyanna into a hug while looking at me from the side.

"Thank you, you are beautiful as well I've heard so many great things about you"

"Why thank you I hope to get to know all the great things about you also"

"Now let's get my things out of the plane" she said as she clapped waiting for her men to get her things out of the luggage area on the plane.

"We will discuss business tomorrow right now I need to get some rest" she said walking over to a car where her stuff was being placed

I walked away from Iyanna and over to Veronica, "where are you staying?"

I looked over to Iyanna to see her and Fernando talking and laughing.

"Well I was hoping that I would snuggle in close to you for this trip but it seems my spot has been taken" She said with flirtation dripping off of every word she said rubbing her finger tips down my arm.

I grabbed her hand and placed it off of me. "I'm sure a 5 star hotel will do just fine" I whispered in her ear. "Oh Stefano you were always one to push away, but remember I have patience" she said whispering back in my ear and placing a kiss on the side of it.

I moved away from her and went back over to Iyanna placing a fake smile on my face.

"Hey you ready?" I said as I opened the door and she got in.

I looked at Veronica one more time and she smirked with her dark lipstick.

I got in and we drove off.

"Well she seemed nice" Iyanna said with a smile.

"Yep that's Veronica very loving and happy" I said back with the same fake smile still.

There was still so much that wasn't said about me and Veronica past to Iyanna and I didn't want it to be brought up.

The sooner we found Ricky and the bomber the sooner we could get rid of her before things got too out of hand....