6.Nature vs. Instinct

In the morning I went to the hospital to check on Fernando I entered his room and to my surprise, I saw him sitting up on the edge of his bed tying his dress shoes ¨Hey kid¨ he said with a grunt following from putting his foot down. ¨Fernando you're getting released today?¨ I said confused walking over to him ¨Yea the doctor said I'm all good to go and that I should change my living habits but we all know that ain't gon happen¨ he said bursting out in laughter. ¨Besides did you really think I would miss your first real meeting with the leaders today, not even cancer could stop me from that¨ he said laughing again ¨come on kid lets get out of here¨ he said patting me on the back as we headed out the door.

¨Fernando!¨ A voice called as we got out of the car in front of the building ¨sticky Ricky¨ Fernando said back in excitement and then looking at me with a side-eye. ¨Hey old man I heard you weren't doing so well and I decided to drop by and check on you besides it's Cuzzo's big day I'm here to support¨ He said with a smile as we all smiled back. ¨Well I greatly appreciate it¨ I said as we walked into the building, Fernando And I walked into my office and Ricky said out in the hall flirting with the intern. ¨When did Ricky get here and what is he doing here?¨ Fernando said whispering so that Ricky couldn't hear out in the hall.

¨He showed up 2 nights ago out of nowhere and he says he's here just for a friendly visit¨ I said whispering back, ¨kid you know as well as I do that ain't just no friendly visit and the mafia leaders are coming today, get him out of here!¨ He said in a loud whisper ¨Ricky my very old cousin¨ -¨come on now I'm only 2 years older then you¨-¨ right well as you know I'm very very busy today and I'm afraid that all the catch-up talk is going to have to wait until afterward have safe travels back to your hotel¨ I said as I pushed him out the door and into the black car which my security held open for him. With a deep breath I exhaled and went back into my office, ¨How you feeling kid?¨ Fernando asked as I walked into the office ¨I feel great¨-¨ Alright then let's do this¨ Fernando said standing up from the table.

The mafia leaders came in and they all sat down at the table ¨so as you know we've been recruiting more people into the business to help with the money transactions but recently we have run into a little problem a guy named Rico got money hungry and he took half the profit and some of the supply¨ the leader from the dixie group stood up and spoke. ¨I'll handle it¨ I said with my feet crossed on the table and my hands crossed over my face without looking up, although I never looked up I could see the stares at me fill the room, ¨This ain't no regular pick up or meet up kid this is dealing with a drug addict who stole money and probably knows that were coming for him which means he's probably heavily armed.¨ The leader from the Marco group spoke with concern, ¨It's Mr.Casonova, and like I said iĺl handle it besides somebody has to clean up your mess lord knows this guy is not going to trust an old man in a suit knocking on his door.¨ I spoke standing up to everyone.

¨okay so what's the plan?¨-¨We go to that bastard house and we get the mother fucker¨-¨ No-no-no if the guy knows he has done wrong by us he's not going to go back to the place where he would first think of where we would go, he's going to go somewhere close but not where people would think to look¨ I spoke as I sat back down at the table. ¨Okay the Mr.casonova what do you suggest?¨ One of the leaders spoke and they all turned they head to the end of the table and looked at me, ¨He's got a girl?" I said sitting back in my chair with my hands folded and a smile. ¨Here's the address of the bar they say they see him in sometimes with a female, its located in the city¨ As the meeting ended one of the leaders handed me a paper with the information on it. ¨Okay thank you fellas and Hey let's make sure this doesn't happen again this is the main reason why the family business stays within the family!¨ I yelled out to all of them as they exit with a small laugh all except for one.

¨Looks's like you got everything figured out¨ Geovanni said with a stone-faced at the door of my office. ¨Yes I do, now have a nice night Mr.Costello¨ I said gesturing out the door. ¨AHHH you killed it kid¨ Fernando yelled in excitement, ¨Thank you Fernando but the jobs not over yet, now if you would excuse me I have to make a trip into the city¨ I said putting on my jacket and exiting the office. ¨That's my boy, you be safe now¨ Fernando yelled again from the office with excitement, I got into my black car that my security drove into the city and parked in front of a bar called 'Cincinnati bar' which was weird because we lived in the city Chicago. ¨Alright you boys stay here I'll let you know if I need you¨ they shook they head in agreement I walked into the bar and not to my surprise there were drunk locals everywhere and girls looking for sex, I walked up to the bar where a lady with long black wavy head and a tied-up plaid shirt only covering her bra and short shorts on standing. ¨well hello handsome aren' you a little too you and overdressed to be here¨ She said looking me up and down. ¨Oh trust me I have no intention of staying here I was just wondering if you know somebody by the name of Rico he usually comes here with a female think you can maybe provide a name or address.¨ I said giving her a charming smile.

¨Yea I know who you talking about give me a minute¨ She said grabbing a pen and paper. ¨This is the name of the girl heś been with as for the address I don't really know but her friend is right over there maybe she knows.¨ She said sliding the paper over to me and then pointing to the girl at the table, ¨Thank you¨-¨The pleasures all mine¨ she said looking at me wiping down the counter. ¨Excuse me¨ I said going over to the girl who was clearly intoxicated and had the same outfit on as the bartender. ¨Hey handsome wanna join the rodeo your gonna have to get out them close first¨ She said rubbing on my tie. ¨No thank you I was hoping you would know where Aaliyah might be staying at¨ I said placing my tie out of her hand, ¨oh¨ she said in disappointment. ¨Yea I know where she stays at¨ she said twisting her hair, ¨Wellcan you provide an address for me¨ I said handing her the piece of paper. She handed It back with the address on it and I walked towards the door.

¨She has a boyfriend you know and he might be there¨ she said yelling to me as I walked to the door. ¨im hoping for it¨ I said to myself heading out the door. I hopped back inside the girl and drove to the location where they were supposed to be staying, I got out and went up to the door with my security. I knocked once no answer, I knocked again no answer but I knew someone was home because in the side window a light shined. I kicked in the front door and there was Rico laid in bed with Aaliyah. ¨AHHHH!¨ she screamed and grabbed the sheet to cover herself ¨WTF dude who is ¨ He sad looking at me yelling. ¨Rico buddy you sure did plan out where you were going to hide out, smart, I mean not smart enough because I found you but it was a good attempt¨ I said walking up to the bed unbuttoning my middle button on my jacket. ¨I don't know who you are but you just fucked upcoming in here¨ He said reaching over grabbing his gun but before he could ¨ No ou see you just fucked up when you stole the money and supply from me, what your cut wasn't enough Rico¨ I said holding my gun to him his girlfriend put her hands up and began to whimper.

¨Its okay baby everything's going to be okay¨ he said glancing over to her with his hands up ¨Yes Aaliyah everything's going to be fine, how about you put on some clothes and head out of here okay¨ I said looking at her as she shook her head and grabbed her clothes and ran out of the house. ¨Now as for you Rico my body, everything's not going to be okay for you¨ I said looking at him shaking my head, ¨Look all I took was a little supply off the top and some money¨ he said stuttering with his hands. ¨But you see that's the thing Rico you took more than just a little and you took it in the first place so I'm going to have to ask for it back¨ I said sill pointing my gun at him. ¨I-I don't have it anymore¨ he said stuttering, ¨Got damn it Rico how do you blow through 70k and 50 pounds of drugs in 3 weeks ¨ I said lowering my gun and turning around walking. ¨This is not going to end well for you Rico¨I said still turned around shaking my head.

¨Or maybe it's not¨ he said grabbing his gun quick but before he could *BANG* I shot him and he fell back and that was it. My security came rushing in and seen the mess ¨Clean it up¨ I said rubbing my face. I stepped outside to get some air I just killed a man. ¨Mr.Casonova¨-¨Iyanna...

Authors Note

Wow this is a much longer chapter but that is because I wanted it to lead up to this cliffhanger this way all the good things start blending in... anyway this is by far one of my favorite chapters so far because you see a side of Stefano you haven't seen before, Let me know what you guys think