Chapter 53

"AHHHH" I yelled as the bullets continued to hit the glass.

"VERONICA" I yelled as I hovered over Iyanna making sure the glass didn't hit her.

"Yea"

The bullets stopped and Veronica jumped up, and began shooting the tires of the car.

I ran over to Fernando and began placing pressure on his wounds.

"Look at me buddy, your gonna be alright you hear me, your gonna pull through"

"IYANNA" I yelled still holding pressure on him.

She rushed over cuts in her face from the glass.

"I'm okay"

"Tell me there's something we can do"

She looked around frantically.

And then placed her hands over mine applying more pressure.

"VERONICA, we need medics now" Iyanna yelled out.

"On it" Veronica said holding a phone to her ear.

"Look at me Fernando, you still owe me that drink, okay so you gotta stay awake so we can get it"

Iyanna said with shortness of breath in her voice.

Fernando just looked at her with a smile as blood came out the side of his mouth.

"I'm p-proud o-of you son"

Fernando struggled to say.

"You can tell Iyanna and I how proud you are over a drink"

"Right Iyanna?"

"That's right" Fernando shook his head no rapidly with tears coming out of his eyes.

"H-he loves you, y-you make him a better person, thank you" Fernando spoke to Iyanna making tears fall out her eyes.

"You can't do this to me Fernando, you can't"

I said threw clench teeth tears falling down.

"It's okay, your gonna be okay" He said with a laugh soon chocking.

The medics came and moved us out the way, the last thing I seen before they lifted him in the ambulance was his smile.

Even in the face of death he was so happy.

It was like he had a since of peace, like he knew that everything was going to be just fine.

I got up frantically, my breathing rapidly.

His blood on my hands, glass every where, scratches on Iyanna face from the impact.

My chest was tight, It felt like when I had found Iyanna laid in her own blood cold again.

"Hey, hey look at me Stefano you have to calm down"

Iyanna said pulling my face down to look at her.

The hurt and pain in her face, as she fought off the tears to show me everything was fine.

But everything was far from fine.

Fernando was the only one I had left to teach me to lead me, he was my second father, I wasn't ready to let go of that yet, there was still so much I didn't know.

But now that was taken away from me too.

"I can't" Is the only words I could mange to get out.

I just walked away, I started walking.

My mind ran blank and my vision ran blurry.

I just kept replaying it over and over again in my head, there was nothing I could do, I couldn't get to him.

I found my self standing at the entrance of the hospital.

My hands were covered in blood, my shirt was covered in blood, my face was covered in blood from Iyanna touching me.

As Fernando would say, I was a walking crime seen.

I walked in and everyone eyes widened.

"Sir, sir do you need medical attention" The nurses asked me but there voices were like a blur.

"Fernando, i'm here looking for Fernando, he was brought to this hospital I think"

I said my face in a daze.

They sat me down and I just waited.

I waited for them to come out and break the news that I already knew from the time he was laying on the ground.

"Mr Casanova" I didn't budge, I didn't look up, I just stayed in deep thought.

"I'm sorry, we tried everything we could but he didn't make it" Those words left her mouth and it took me back to the time I heard those words when my father passed away.

I felt like I was reliving that day all over again.

I just got up and I walked out, Veronica and Iyanna stood out front.

I stood in front of them but I never directly looked at them.

Tears filled my eyes but they never fell.

Iyanna came up to me giving me a hug, I hugged her back so gentle, with my hands shaking everytime I seen the sight of Fernandos blood.

"He umm"

"We know" Veronica said with a tear falling wiping it away quickly.

Iyanna leant up and went back over to Veronica.

"I uh, gotta do some things, figure some things out" I said as I started walking again.

"Stef, you shouldn't be out like this, the guys that did this are still out there, not only are you vulnerable your hurting"

"V's right you need some rest, you need to be somewhere safe where you can get your thoughts together, not out roaming the streets with a cluttered mind.

I turned around and I smiled.

"I'm a Mafia leader, it's in my nature to loose people, but we can't let that stop us from getting the job done" I said before walking away.

Unlike before, I actually knew where I was walking too, I was going to Selena, she was as close to Fernando as I was.

I banged on the gate rapidly until she finally answered.

"Who is it?" she said opening the gate with a robe on.

"Jeez Stefano, what were you in a shoot out get in here"

She said opening the gate.

"You could say that" I said under my breath.

"What happened?"

She said sitting down on the couch and I sat down on the floor.

"You still got that bottle of vodka"

"Yea"

"Your gonna need it, Fernandos dead"....