72

"I've cleared out paper work, knocked out emails, and even set up a meeting with you and the Brazilian leader, he is willing to pay a pretty penny for some of the inventory you keep" My mother blabbered as I entered my office doors.

"Who was the guy that you were in a affair with ?" I said crossing my arms at the door way.

She stood quiet.

"What makes you wanna ask this now?" She spoke with curiosity.

"Answer the question" I said annoyed.

" Alejandro" she spoke with her head down.

I unfolded my arms and walked out the door.

"Mrs. Gomez do you happen to know anybody by the name Alejandro?"

She thought to herself but came up with nothing.

"Sorry no, but you know somebody that knows everybody, Selena you should ask her."

"Tattoo artist Selena?"

"That's the one."

Selena was one to know everybody because she did tattoos but I would of never known her to know anything about my mothers life.

I opened up her shop door to hear quietness.

Then a shake of a spray paint can.

I followed the noise and found a headphone wearing Selena with music clearly blasting through it.

I tapped her shoulder making her jump and draw a gun on me.

"Easy" I said putting my hands up.

"What the hell, you think you can just walk in here with no warning?"

"It's not like you could hear me anyways"

"Not the point" She said rolling her eyes and putting down her spray can.

I took a look at the large canvas she was spraying and it was a half painted portrait of my father and Fernando.

"What is this?" I said leaning my head to get a better look.

"Well it was a surprise for you on becoming a father but you've already seen it"

It was amazing, it captured the two most important people in my life as kings, they smiled big smiles so realistic It was almost like they were captured right in that painting.

I smiled at the painting.

"Is there a reason why your here?"

Selena spoke breaking my concentration.

"Do you so happen to know a Alejandro?"

"Well yea we're in the Mafia I know a couple Alejandro's, you have to be more specific."

"Preferable one who may had been involved with my mom."

She thought on it and it showed that she knew something by the expression on her face.

"Yea, why you ask?" She said with squinted eyes and curiosity on her face.

"My mother's back and she has one hell of a story to tell and i'm just trying see if the one she tells is real."

"Wait your mother's back?" She said in shock.

"Yeah I'll tell you all about it once you tell me where to find this Alejandro".

"You can't"

"Why not?"

"Because he's dead".

Well that just made this story a lot more intriguing.

"what more can you tell me?"

"About Alejandro and your mother?"

"Or Alejandro's death?"

"Let's start with the first one and ease into the second". I said sitting on the couch Selena had in her shop.

"Well,"Selena began.

"Alejandro was close business partners to your father".

"My father and Alejandro worked together?"

"Yeah Alejandro was in control of uptown Chicago, your father downtown".

"Him, your father, Fernando they were bestfriends, which is how your mother became introduced to him".

"It was all casual business around the office between the two, but the fact is, your mother and Alejandro had a thing for each other."

"Some could say it was hopeless lust and puppy love, Alissa was married he knew that everyone knew that"

"But that didn't stop the two"

" That is until one night while Alissa was getting ready for bed a knock went at the door and a package was delivered"

"What was in the package you ask?"

"Alejandro's head"

"After that she just disappeared"

"That's as much as I know" She said turning around to complete the canvas she was painting".

"How come you know this story so well?" I ask outta curiosity.

"If Selena is nosy at 36, you think Selena wasn't nosy at 16?"

"I have ears and eyes that I have been using for years" She said turning her back towards me.

"Thank you Selena you have been very helpful" I said standing up and placing a kiss on her cheek before walking out.

I sat in Alissa dark hotel room, whisky in my hand, gun on the table.

At that moment nothing but peace fluttered my heart, I knew Alissa was a liar and now I get closure of killing the person who really got my father killed.

The room door opened and I placed the glass down.

"Good evening" My voice startled her,making her jump.

"Stefano?" She squinted through the dark.

"Yes and we have much to talk about"

She walked in closer and turned on the light.

Her eyes widened when she seen the gun I had place on the table.

"What is this about?" She asked walking cautiously keeping her eyes on the gun.

"You see your story just doesn't check out and I have sources that tell me otherwise on how things really played out"

"So what your gonna threaten to shoot me if I don't tell you everything?" She said sarcastically.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Threaten to shoot you? Oh dear God no" I said with one more rumble of laughter before shooting her in the leg.

"I'm just gonna shoot you"...