Chapter 55

Another day another funeral.

The tension and silence was thick in the air as Iyanna and I got dressed.

"Ready" she said standing in front of me with a smile on her face.

I smiled back.

"You know, I don't know if this is considered a compliment or not but funeral attire is really your thing" I said making her chuckle and then rolling her eyes.

"Your gonna be alright today?" she asked brushing off my shoulders.

"Just smile and listen to everyone say how sorry they are" she laughed before placing a kiss on my lips.

This funeral was different from the last, Fernando played a big role in the Mafia world for years he was a friend to all the leaders, they all adored him.

He deserved a proper send off.

Iyanna and I stepped out the car and in the front was Fernandos casket.

Everyone face fell with sadness and grief as me and Iyanna walked down the aisle.

I looked at the casket and Fernando cheeks were still so full with laughter.

And his face froze with a smirk.

I smirked looking at him.

"Thank you for completing the job my old man left for you to finish, I don't know how he knew you could handle it but you did, you did one hell of a job" I said leaning down slightly.

We turned around and Fernandos wife was in complete devastation.

I went over to her and wrapped my arms tight around her.

Her and Fernando were like my parents.

"I'm truly sorry for you lost, mama, anything you need from me or Iyanna you just call"

I leant off of her and Iyanna sat down with her.

"Go on, I'm going to stay with her for awhile" Iyanna said with a soft smile.

I just stood off in the distance in deep thought watching the scenery.

Until I was pulled out of it.

"My friend i'm truly sorry for your lost, Fernando was a friend of all the leagues and he will truly be missed, he was especially a great father figure for you" Lorenzo spoke.

"Thank you, I appreciate you coming" I said with a humble smile.

Everyone was there even Veronicas dad flew in.

The funeral started.

When a leader or someone close to the Mafia dies it's tradition that the standing leaders empty there gun and let the shells drop on the floor.

It's a symbol to show that he has fired his last round and his gun is now put to rest.

All the leaders including my self  stood in front of Fernandos casket and fired off our guns, the shells dropped hitting the floor.

The smell of gun smoke lingered in the air.

It was time for speeches and Fernando wife went up first.