1. Mr.Casanova

"Happy birthday Mr. Casanova."

"Ayee happy birthday boss".

That is all I heard as I walked down the long hallways of The cortex into Fernando's office.

"Happy birthday kiddo!"

" I'm eighteen now, don't you think calling me kiddo is a little played out."

" You'll stop being kiddo when you know how to match a suit and tie."

He said as he burst into laughter, I just looked at him shook my head, and laughed a little.

Fernando was my father's best friend and after he died Fernando watched over me like one of his own.

"It's your big day son your finally grown, have anything big planned."

"Now Fernando you know I don't do celebrations," I said as I sat down in the chair.

"This is all yours now, can you believe it? , you're going to be the new Mafia king" Fernando said with excitement as he rubbed on my shoulders.

For everyone this was exciting, it was the day that a new king had become of age to take over the business.

But for me, it was just a reminder of why I had to take over the business in the first place a reminder of how my papa was kilt in cold blood right in front of me.

As I walked into my office I looked up at my father's portrait which hung high above the desk.

" I miss you papa, I promise I will continue all that you have built here and I promise that I will find your killer and kill him so merciless as he did you, papa."

" Sir, Sir .. excuse me, sir."

A women's voice said at the door of my office

"Yes."

" You have a meeting with the Mafia leaders this afternoon would you like to still have it?"

" Yes tell them I will be available  for two o'clock."

" Will do Mr.Casanova".

" You ready for this?" Fernando asked.

" Send them in"

I said as I sat in my chair at the end of a very long table.

" STEFANO," the leader of the Dixie Mafia said as he burst through the doors with open arms.

" It's Mr. Casanova"

" So I've heard from everyone around here very professional, now let's talk business."

As we all sat down at the table in our black suits every one was silent until I finally spoke.

"So gentlemen what brings you into my office today?"

" That right there is what brings us in this is all yours now."

" Still not seeing an issue, " I said as I leaned back in my chair with my hands folded.

" We're just concerned, your father did a lot to build this and this is a lot to handle, you just turned eighteen your still a kid" I chuckled as I stood up from my chair and walked around the table.

" I thank you for your concern but it is not needed."

"We just think that the business should be turned over to someone else until the time is right for you to take over."

" You see fellas as much as that sounds delightful, the business can only be turned over to a Casanova and correct me if I'm wrong I'm the last one standing, and I wouldn't give this position up even if there was. "

I said as I unbuttoned the middle button on my jacket.

" The responsibil-"

"The responsibility of this job is my responsibility, now if there is nothing more to discuss here you can see yourself out I believe I have a dinner party to attend with my friend here Fernando".

I said as I sat back down with my leg crossed over another.

"HAHA, did you see the look on those guys' faces." Fernando laughed as we sat at a booth in Cornelia?

Cornelia wasn't your basic diner, it was located on the upper east side of Chicago, and served five-star dinners that you couldn't get from any other high-quality restaurant.

It was the true lifestyle of luxury.

"Hi my name is Iyanna and I will be your waitress this evening what can I get you?"

"Get us your finest steak and lobster with mash potatoes and gravy oh and can you bring out a cake it's the little fellas birthday." Fernando order and then whispered something into the waitress's ear.

But I didn't think too much into it. "Your father would be proud of the man that you have become his business is in good hands."

"Well a toast to him," I said as I raised my glass following with a sip.

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,  happy birthday to you, happy birthday Mr. Casanova happy birthday to you" The waitress sang as they held a cake coming out.

" You sneaky bastard." I said with a smirk on my face as I blew out the candles.

" Here's your check.

" The waitress Iyanna said passing a black checkbook. I paid for the dinner and left a tip for the waitress.

" Thank you have a wonderful night" Her eyes glowed as she opened the checkbook to see a four-hundred-dollar tip.

"Thank you so much," she said with excitement.

" Don't worry bout it."

I said with a smirk. We up and left the diner and waited for our separate cabs.

" Goodnight boos."

Fernando waved and he got in his cab and drove off.

"Goodnight."