Chapter 71

"Good morning gentlemen, and ladies" I said taking a glance at Veronica as I walked around the table where everyone sat.

"As you know there have been some  inconveniences with Ruiz and his men, with that I can also say that things did get thrown out of hand on my end, but let's not loose sight with who our problem sides with".

"Ruiz offered a proposal in which we combine our operations, in which I declined".

"Which also lead to irrational behavior" I mumbled off.

"So with that I come to you as a leader and being a unit on what should be our next step" I said sitting down crossing my hands at my desk.

Everyone stood silent until Veronica spoke out.

"Are there any chances of a truths?

"Not being the boundaries broken no"

"Okay then we come up with a compromise, something that will leave us on steady terms with Ruiz and his people, we don't have to make them our friend but we don't need them as our enemy either."

" Gordon set up a meeting to fly out and speak with him face to face, tell him that you just wanna talk and that it is nothing more then a peaceful talk but that you will bring extra men with you giving the circumstances."

"Everyone else keep processing your shipments and loading inventory, our priorities don't stop because of a flunk with a man who is still boarder line tryna make daddy proud."

She rolled her eyes.

Everyone stayed put after Veronica statements, which made her arch an eyebrow.

"Did, I, Stutter?" She said slowly.

They got up grabbing there things and began to follow veronica orders.

The office cleared out leaving me and V.

"You always were one to lead and give out orders." I said with a smile placed on my face and leaning back in my chair as V walked from closing the door to my desk.

"Many years of keeping your ass in check"She said sitting on my desk.

"V you know I didn't mean those things I said, I've been on edge"

"Please I can take it, you always been the one too be upset and be a bitch"

Okay.

"I just learned to deal with it"

I chuckled softly.

"Well I guess i'm going to have to work on that considering i'm going to be a girl dad." My words sat with her before she realized what I said.

Her eyes widened.

"OH MY GOD IM GETTING A NIECE" She said climbing over the table in excitement and giving me a hug.

"I can already hear her, aunty V" She blushed in excitement look up into the sky.

We shared a laugh before the doors opened.

The little joy I shared soon disappeared when my mother walked in.

"Is that-"

"The wicked bitch of the west,yes"

"Since when was she back?" Veronica spoke in shock.

"Can me and my son have a moment Veronica"

"You don't walk in here making demands"

She rolled her eyes.

"Such childish ways for a grown man"

"What can I say, mine was robbed from but you never lost any sleep over it"

"Okay" Veronica cut in.

"I'm going to give you two some space, Stef call me if you need me".

She walked out and the door shut.

"Fucking the mistress what a shame, does Iyanna know?"

"Watch your mouth , you may be my mother but be very aware that does not make me hesitate to put a bullet right in your skull".

I said slamming down on my desk in rage.

"Why are you here?" I said pushing my loose hair back.

"I'm here to help".

"Already told you don't need it now leave".

"Oh really, who's back at the house watching Iyanna, she's in this just as much as you?"

"She can take care of her self". I trailed off

"Don't sound to sure, especially knowing how high risk her and the baby are." I shot her a glance.

"Look all i'm saying is you can be with her while I manage things here, that is unless you want me to stay with her."

"Never" I scoffed.

"You know Stefano I love you and I love the family you have created, It would never be in my intent to hurt you or them."

She had the kind eyes of an angel but it was hard to believe that everything was all helpful Betty when her story on leaving still didn't add up.

"After all I have many years of being in this with your father, I know what i'm doing."

I put some thought on it.

"An hour" I said getting up out my chair.

After all I did wanna check in on Iyanna and the baby.

"Make things worse then they already are and I won't hesitate too feed you to the sharks".

I went home and opened the door to a very pregnant Iyanna in the kitchen with a spoon in her mouth and ice creams in her hand.

"Hi, your home early". She said making me smile.

"I came to check on you."

"I'm okay , i've been reading a lot of first time mom books". She said sitting on the couch.

I sit down next to her and snuggle in.

"You okay, how are things at the office?"

"Honestly I don't even know, we are in one big shit hole and i'm at the center of all of it."

I said taking a deep breath.

"So who's at the office now, Veronica?"

"Nope my mother".

"Oh-," she said taking a pause.

"Well i'm glad to see you too finding trust in each other".

"That's not what this is, she's trying to convince me that what she did was for the greater good and that she is here to be the mommy I was missing, I just wanted to come home and see my wife and unborn daughter."

I said placing my hand on her stomach.

"Wait If you wanna find out if she's lying why don't you just ask the guy she was having a affair with what happened between them."

I never thought of that.

"Worth a shot, but how do I even find him?"

"Your a mafia leader isn't this your job?"

"It's not always as easy as it sounds if someone doesn't wanna be found they can make them self vanish especially someone once apart of the mafia life  ".

"How do you know he was apart of the mafia life?"

"Let's just say it's a wild guess." 

"Okay so how about you ask your mother about him, get his name if she's really telling the truth she has no reason not to tell you."

I smiled at Iyanna and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Making you my wife is by far the best decision i've made"