5. Family reunion

We went back to my place to grab a drink considering no real bar was going to let us in, ¨so what brings you back into town Ricky¨ I said coming in going to the kitchen as Ricky closed the door behind him. ¨ I haven't seen you since your father's funeral I figured it was time to catch up especially since I heard you were the new mafia leader¨ he said coming to sit down at the kitchen counter. ¨welp here I am nothing has really changed¨ I said sliding a glass of whisky over to him, Ricky always came with a reason it was never really ever for just a friendly visit.

¨So have you found the misses yet?¨ he asked taking a sip. ¨no haven't been really looking for one, got my mind on other things¨ I said walking away from the kitchen counter ¨maybe that's for the best, you know this business is not meant for love, love gives you a weak spot and if you have a weak spot they know where to hit you¨ he said in my ear as he was walking up to me.

¨Well here's to me not having to worry about that¨ I said as I finished my drink and went over to the sink to put the glass in. ¨well I should probably get going, now that your such a businessman I know you have a lot on your plate¨-¨Until next time Ricky¨ I said with a smile as he walked out the door. It seems as if every day was a new challenge I had to face and every day there was a new person popping up to test me as a leader. ¨was it ever this hard for you papa?¨ I said staring out into space, my father always told me that the weak would be fearful of the intelligent and strike out against the strongest but I never expected for it to be like this.

I decided to go to the diner and grab something to eat after running into Ricky unexpectedly I needed to go somewhere to think and not have to worry about a new face popping up or an old one coming back to taunt, I walked in and the diner was silent and quite empty while music played low in the back. I went to sit in the booth and to my surprise, I see ¨Hey guy that wears the suit and goes by Mr.Casonova¨ She said walking up to me smiling with her pen in her mouth. ¨Iyanna the girl who travels two hours in too the suburbs to get a nice fat tip from the rich folks¨ I said with a smile, ¨I didn't know you worked this late¨-¨ I usually don't but I started to go to med school and that's pretty pricey so I picked up extra shifts at the diner the better question is what are you doing here so late a businessman like you should either be doing business or home¨ She said looking intrigued.

¨Had an eventful night and needed to clear my haed¨-¨ Did you save another girl from almost getting raped again?¨ She said with her pen in her mouth and a smile, ¨not that eventful, I had an old family member come into town¨-¨yikes I know how that can be I think I got just the thing you need ¨ She went off to the back of the kitchen Their was something about that girl she was just so different but then it could be just me never experiencing another person presence other than the mafia. ¨Here you go¨ she came back with a bottle of vodka and french fries. ¨wow you really know the way to a person with famil issues a heart¨ I said with a laugh and she laughed to as she sat down in the booth on the other side. ¨Hey, there ain't nothing better than Booz and a side of salty crisp fries to make you feel better.¨ She said with a small laugh that followed with a smile after.

¨How is it that this dinner has liquor and how is it that you're giving it to me, I'm only 18¨-¨hey I won't tell if you won't besides we don't sell this type of alcohol but my boss keeps some in the back and it seemed like you really needed it¨-¨well grab a fry and lets cheers to that¨ We picked up a fry and cheers them and then ate them. ¨So med school, what inspired you?¨ I said eating a french fry ¨my mother got real sick and umm.. she passed away so I always said that when I get older I would become a doctor this way I can help people that are sick and make sure that nobody goes through what I had to go through ¨ She said putting her head down.

¨Hey I'm sorry to hear that¨ I said putting my hand on her hand, "yea, anyways what inspired you to become a businessman¨ she said looking up with a smile as if none of it ever got said. ¨so what made you become a businessman?¨ she said eating a french fry, ¨my father passed away when I was younger and its been my legacy that business gets passed down to me, its all I know¨ I said looking down. ¨Wow we got some sad fucking lives only yours ends up with you sitting on a pile of money and mine has me working overtime at a diner I say cheers to that¨ She said picking up her cup with a smile as I picked up mine with a small laugh and we drank.

For the rest of the night, we just talked and laughed she was the first person that I could really open up to and be comfortable around. She got up from the table to go talk the french fry basket and the now empty bottle of liquor from us drinking to the back, I left her a nice tip to help her along the way to med school. ¨Well goodnight Iyanna it has been a pleasure¨ I said standing by the diner door. ¨Goodnight Mr.Casonova I hope that whatever your going through with your family gets cleared up¨ she said with a smile ¨yea I hope so too¨ I said exiting out the diner.

Authors Note:

Looks like Iyanna has swept him off his feet that could be a problem ..... but I'm trying to find a way to make the chapterś interesting without putting all the good stuff in early on in the book so bare with me sorry if it's kinda boring at times