Chapter 61

"Morgen, I need a car," I said on the phone as I still sat on the ground. I felt paralyzed from the sight of what happened, I watched my wife get stab and couldn't do anything.

She got stabbed because she was trying to help me.

I manage to drag my body to the outside of the casino and got into the car speeding off to the hospital.

My mind raced, I felt pain but it wasn't emotional, I didn't need or want to cry.

I felt pain because she looked at me with acceptance of her death and I wasn't ready for that.

Real leaders have to accept the unacceptable.

I ran into the hospital to the front desk.

"My wife, my wife she was brought in here, is she okay, is she gonna make it?"

I said frantically my blood-covered hands smearing the counter.

"Sir can you please calm down," a female nurse said standing up from her desk.

"My wife is dying you don't get to tell me to calm down".

I said grabbing the nurse.

I went and sat on the floor in the waiting room.

Fernando just left me and now my wife could be laying on her death bed.

I felt alone, I was alone I had no one to consult me, even through my darkest days at least I could call Fernando but now it was just me.

The sun went down and came back up and my eyes never closed, I just kept replaying the words "we're sorry but she didn't make it".

At this point my mind was trained to hear it.

"Mister Casanova?" A female doctor called out to me looking on the ground.

"That's me," I said lifting my low hanging head up.

"Iyanna lost a huge amount of blood and was wounded deeply, I don't know how she made it but I'm happy to say she did, I wanna believe it's because she had something that was worth her fighting to stay," The doctor said with a smirk in the end.

My head fell back on the wall in relief.

"Even better news the knife didn't puncture the fetus, so both she and the baby will be just fine"

My head quickly fell back up.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Your wife's pregnant congratulations" A smile coming across her face but one never came across mine.

"Is she up? can I go in to see her?"

"Yes room 303," She said walking away.

I stood on my feet.

Iyanna's pov

Everything just went blank and dark the only thing I could think about was my stomach the baby, was my baby alright.

I woke up to the brightness of the hospital, and unbearable pain in my stomach. The doctor told me everything was fine with the baby. I felt a relief in me.

Stefano came into the room, his face with sadness and tiredness.

He stood at a distance next to my bed.

¨The doctor said your gonnabe fine, just got some recovery time ahead of you¨

He spoke looking at the bed but not at me.

¨She also said the baby is going to be fine too¨ My heart dropped, he looked at me with his arms folded and his eyes dark.

¨I was going to tell you when we got back¨ I spoke with my voice shakey.

¨You almost didn't make it back, thatś not something you wait to tell me IYANNA¨ He spoke with anger as his voice boomed through the room with every word.

¨How long did you know?¨

¨Since that morning¨He dropped his arms and chuckled slowly.

¨You knew you were pregnant since the morning and didn't say anything not only that but you knew going to this event could be dangerous but you still went¨ He spoke with even more anger and disbelief.

¨I love you so much Iyanna, and I am so happy that you are okay, but you lied to me¨

¨OH BULLSHIT¨ I said with anger.

¨I only did what you EVER did, what's right for the business¨ 

¨I made a decision that could have ended it all because when I married you, YOU were the one that told me sacrifices were going to have to be made because THIS was who you are¨ I spoke with clenched teeth and anger fueling from my mouth.

¨I never put this business over us Iyanna¨

¨I've broken out of EVERYTHING I was ever raised by because of you and for you¨ He said walking closer to the bed.

Us now face to face. 

¨You make it sound like such a burden¨

My eyes began to fill up.

¨Is that what I am?, Is that what this baby is going to be?¨

¨The kid you never wanted in the first place¨

¨I never said that¨ He said with his eyes going soft as he pushed his hair back.

¨ So then tell me Stefano is this the kid that you wanna love and raise with me?¨

My face filled with sadness and his face with a stern anger expression.

¨Is everything alright?¨ A nurse came in which caught our attention and looked at the door.

¨Everythings fine, I was just leaving¨ Stefano said walking out of the room.....