chapter 54

She just looked at me in disbelief as I took a sip from the bottle.

"I'm sorry what"

"Yep died right in front of me on the ground"

I said taking another sip.

She snatched the bottle from me.

"I was drinking that" I said as she slammed it down on a shelf.

"What happened?" she said anger on her face.

"We were in front of the building having a great laugh and then a car drove by and lit the side walk up Fernando tried to shoot but as you can see that didn't play out to well"

She fell to the ground next to me with her mouth open and tears in her eyes.

"Any last words?"

"only that everything was going to be okay, he died smiling tho he wasn't in any pain he was at pure peace with what was happening "

I said reaching over her and grabbing the bottle.

"His poor wife, does she know?" she asked looking at me with tearful eyes.

"I don't know she probably does by now" I said looking at my watch.

"Oh my god Stefano I am so sorry, he loved you like a son" She said looking at me wiping away her fallen tears.

"Yea well i'm fine, this is the life of the mafia, I'm living the dream" I said taking yet another sip.

Her face fell concern when she heard me speak those words.

"Stef, you don't have to put on a cover up he was like your father" She said grabbing my arm gently with sympathy in her eyes.

"Your right and like my father he's gone too"

I said looking at her with a spiteful smile.

She grabbed the bottle and drank from it.

"Any guesses on who was involved ?"

"I got a really great guess on who"

"Who?"

"Ricky" Her face fell with slight shock.

"Your cousin Ricky?, why would he do this"

"Because he's a little bitch that wants to act up because he can't have what he wants"

"Well what does he want"

"His daddy approval and the life that I own, only his daddy is dead by the hands of me so now he seeks out the life that I live"

"It's quite tiring" I said grabbing the bottle back from her drinking.

She just laid back and let out a deep breath.

"He was a good guy a great friend, i'm gonna miss him".

"Yea me too" I said taking a sip before she grabbed it and finished the rest.

"To Fernando" she said putting the empty bottle down.

"To Fernando" I said in a low tone.

I twisted my wedding ring around my finger as the blood made it slippery.

The once silver ring was now a stain of red.

"Iyanna, right?" she asked as she watched me twist my wedding ring.

"Yea"

"She seems nice, and she makes you happy, your a different person when you get around her" She smirked and I smirked too.

"Yea Fernando said the same thing with his last dying breath" I said looking back down at my ring.

"Go home to your wife Stefano"  She said with a soft smile.

"It's late, she's worried, I know you didn't  tell her where you were going"

"This is hard on her too, go be with her" she said walking up the steps.

"Night Selena"  I said as she walked up the stairs.

I sat on that floor a little while longer before I got up and left.

Death was all around me, it was like a war and i'm a soldier my job is to stop the enemy from killing me whether that means I have to kill the enemy , but I also have to expect to loose some people in return.

After awhile you get numb to the feeling of loosing people.

Even those that are close to you.

I stood in front of the apartment door and opened it, the apartment was still and quiet.

I walked lightly up the stairs and seen Iyanna sleep.

She was tense I could tell, her eyes puffy from crying.

I place my hand gentle on her face, rubbing my thumb across her cheek.

"I'm here baby" I whispered lowly.

I shouldn't of left her, she experienced the same thing I experienced and I left her to feel the pain alone.

I went over to the dresser and start taking off my clothes, this wouldn't be the first time I took off a white red stain shirt covered in blood, I just never thought it would be someone so close blood that would be on me.

I headed in the shower, and let the blood rinse off me and go down the drain.

I got out and sat on the edge of the bed, my mind was cluttered.

I needed to make sure that V was okay that Fernandos wife was okay.

This wasn't a time for me to break down like everyone else, this was a time where I needed to get things done.

I was going to ensure, Fernando doesn't go out in vain.

There was no doubt about it that the person who kilt Fernando was sent by Ricky.

Which means Ricky was near by, he was always  one to watch destruction from a distance.

We were sitting ducks and he was waiting to kill us off one by one.

I needed to seek him out before anymore lives were lost.

Ricky may of had skill when it came to setting up destruction but he didn't have patience.

He was going to come out of hiding soon and when he does i'm going to be the first face he sees and the last.

No escaping this time....