Chapter 38

I opened the door and she placed the keys on the counter with aggression.

"Ready to talk about it" she said calm but was far from anything but calm.

"Baby I swear it's nothing"

"So if it's nothing then let's talk about it, you said no more secrets" I had to admit she got me there.

I let out a breath before speaking. "Ivan is one of the strongest and feared mafia leaders in Russia as my father and I are here in Chicago."

I spoke and she said nothing but looked at me to get to the point.

"When my father was alive we would make a lot of trips to Russia and I would spend a lot of time with Veronica, we we're very close as friends"

"And when my father died that bond didn't break, Fernando would still always have us go there to discuss business"

"We used to train together day and night, it was one time when I was 16 and we were staying there, Veronica and I were training and we got really close and I kissed her, and some other things happened.

"She was the first girl I ever did something with but when the time was getting close for me to take over I had to leave and we stopped seeing each other as often, until now she is coming and I don't know how things are between us"

Iyanna stayed with no emotion on her face as she sipped on a glass of wine that I never even seen her pour.

"So she's your ex?"

"no, yes, I don't know it's all very complicated"

"Did you love her, did you have feelings for her?" I fell silent for to long and Iyanna slammed her glass down making it shatter I jumped back from the counter so the glass wouldn't hit it.

She looked at me one more time before walking up stairs.

I just knew things were only going to spiral down hill from here.

I walked in the bedroom behind her as she took off her shoes and earrings.

"Iyanna listen it was nothing like that" I said trying to grab her hand but she kept moving.

"IYANNA"

"WHAT"

we both yelled as we were face to face.

"What, your first love is coming back in town and you don't know where you two stand as in you don't know if you still love her, that's not the worst part tho, the worst part is that you lied once again you said you didn't love anyone before me anyone after your father died"

She said as she kept pushing me and pushing me I winced in pain but she was angry so I let her.

"I didn't, I never said I loved her or had feelings for her"

"You never said you didn't"

Damn it she got me again there with that one too.

"I was in a dark place in my life and Veronica helped keep my mind off of things I wasn't looking for love feelings or a relationship"

"Oh so she was just your fuck buddy"

I felt like every time I spoke I dug a grave deeper and deeper for myself.

She walked into the bathroom and took her dress off about to head into the shower until I grabbed her and pinned her against the wall.

"Iyanna listen to me for one second please"

I looked straight into her eyes, desperation in them as my eyes soon traveled down her naked body.

"Let go of me Stefano" she said jaw clenched as she pushed me off of her and got in the shower.

Iyanna was beyond mad so I just went downstairs to give her, her space in the shower.

I went down to the living room and sat on the couch.

At a time like this Iyanna and I did not need to be on the outs with each other all she wanted was a clear answer and I couldn't give it to her.

But that's because I didn't know what me and Veronica were or was She made me happy in that moment but It wasn't because of love or sex or any of that it's because I had someone to relate to, someone my age who knew what it was like to be in this business and be surrounded by death and danger everyday.

Veronica filled a void when my father died, she was the first female that I related to but she was nothing like Iyanna, I loved Iyanna way before the sex I loved Iyanna because of the great person she was.

I went back upstairs to Iyanna to see her combing through her hair with a towel wrapped around her.

"Yes me and Veronica have a past but no I never loved her and I never had feelings for her and that's not going to change when she gets here, because although she filled that void when my father passed, you Iyanna Peterson the women that I so can't wait to marry brought me out of the darkness you didn't just fill it"

I said as I stood in front of her and tucked her wet curls behind her ear.

She smiled and blushed as she put her head down so I wouldn't see.

"Glad to see you smile again" I said as I lifted her head up and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you"....