Chapter 44

3 months later

It was now April the beginning of spring and a week before Iyanna and I wedding, things was great between us Veronica even stayed around for the wedding.

Things were good between Veronica and I also, after that night nothing else happened between us but our friendship remained in balance.

There was still no sight of Ricky which worried me the closer we had gotten to our wedding date it worried me in general that we had not heard anything and there had been no sightings of Ricky in 3 months.

I woke up with Iyanna not next to but I could hear her downstairs and there was someone else down there too. I headed down to see Iyanna and another woman standing next to her.

There were papers scattered everywhere different flowers and cake, our house looked like someone came and dropped pastry and flowers everywhere.

Iyanna didn't even notice me.

There was a knock at the door and Jessica and Naiomi entered with dresses.

¨Okay so I'm thing champaign color to go with the blush pink theme of the wedding with a hint of gold not too much¨

It sounded like these girls were speaking in a foreign language.

I cleared my throat and everyone looked at me.

¨Hi honey¨ Iyanna said coming over to me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

¨Did we wake you?¨ she said walking back over to the counter and writing something on a paper.

¨No me not feeling my fiance in the bed with me woke me¨ I said still standing by the steps.

¨Im sorry but there is no time to sleep, here tell me how this taste¨ Iyanna opened my mouth and put a for full of cake in it.

¨It taste amazing¨ I said but her face fell dull.

¨What?¨

¨This one is so basic I wanted something that tasted more like our wedding day, does this taste like our wedding day cause to me it tastes like plain vanilla¨ I was so confused.

¨Look whichever flavor you like I love¨ I said placing a kiss on her forehead.

¨Who is she?¨ I asked lowly to Iyanna looking at the other women in the kitchen who I had never seen before.

¨That is the wedding planner¨.

¨You trust this woman to plan out your whole wedding, but you don't even trust me to me with the invites?¨ I said confused.

¨Yes, now go get dressed you have a busy day your self ahead¨

I looked at her confused, she rolled her eyes.

¨You and Fernando have to go look at the suits today, don't tell me you forgot¨ she said with an angry look on her face.

¨No ma'am I said as I went back upstairs.

I got dressed and for this first time, I didn't have a suit on.

¨Wow I don't think I ever seen you in regular clothes like ever, not even to just go to the store¨ Naomi said, I chuckled.

¨Yea I figure I'd be in something casual to go look for a suit although I owe a hundred of those already, Iyanna my dear remind me again why am I going to get a suit when I'm a businessman literally all I wear are suits?¨ I said as the girls chuckled and I looked over at Iyanna.

¨Because my dear husband, this is not business this a vow and a commitment that you are making for the rest of your life you should at least dress for the part¨.

I headed to the door where Iyanna stood and I kissed her.

¨Don't destroy the house?¨

¨mmm no promises¨

¨Just in case danger comes you know where the gun is right?¨

¨Top draw nightstand¨

¨Thats my girl, Love you see you soon¨

I headed out the door and Fernando was already downstairs.

¨How is it up there¨

¨Like a war zone, theirs flowers cakes dresse¨ Fernando laughed as we entered the car.

As we were driving I noticed we weren't heading in the direction of the tailor shop.

¨Where are we heading?¨

¨To the office real quick, I need to grab something.

We got out of the car and went into the building we were walking in the direction of my office tho.

¨you need to grab something from my office?¨ I said confused but before he could answer he opened the door and the sound of confetti popped and everyone yelled suprise.

¨What is this?¨ I leaned over whispering to Fernando.

¨This is your bachelor party!¨ he said in excitement with everyone else.

He grabbed a glass off the tray and handed it to me.

¨If I don't get back with these suits, Iyanna is going to kill me and the wedding will turn into a funeral¨ I said as I grabbed the glass taking a sip.

¨Relax kid will get what you need¨

Everyone was having a good time and everyone was drinking.

I hadn't realized how much I had drunk everything was hazy and then I blacked out....