Chapter 66

"You're up early," I said walking into the kitchen to see Cassie sitting at the island.

"Not used to sleeping long anywhere," She said with a faded smile.

"Well I'm heading down to the city and have a talk with a few of the stragglers, they work for me so shouldn't be too hard". I said with a tight smile pouring juice.

"Will your wife be in attendance?"

"No, she's still recovering"

"Great so I'm left with the hothead," She said making me glance at her.

She cracked a smile and so did I and we both laughed.

"Iyanna has a ton of clothes she's been wanting to get rid of for a while now, how about you take a shower and change into something she got"

Her face lit up with a smile and she walked up the stairs."

I'm not getting a soft spot for the kid, if I have to put a bullet in her I still won't hesitate.

But the least I can do is give her some clean clothes and a shower.

Iyanna walked down the steps groggy.

"Good morning sunshine," I said handing her a cup of coffee.

She rubbed her eyes and took the cup.

"Your happy, your never happy, why are you happy?"

"Nonsense I'm always happy when I'm with you" She rolled her eyes and sat down.

"Where's Cassie?"

"I sent her to look through the old bag of clothes that you've been wanting to get rid of."

"How nice of you," She said with a smile hidden behind the mug she was drinking from.

Which made me roll my eyes.

"I'm going down into town to figure out this stragglers nonsense need anything while I'm down there"

I said walking around the island and heading into the living room.

"Only for you not to get killed".

I chuckled turning around to her.

"If my life were to ever be taken by someone who wheres leather and a bandana then boy does that make me look bad". I said as we both laughed before leaning in and giving her a kiss.

"I have a doctor's appointment today".

"For you or the baby?"

"Both"

"Will you be in attendance, Mr.Casanova?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Mrs.Casanova".

"Okay I think I'm ready," Cassie said walking down the steps.

Iyanna face lit up with a smile. 

"You look nice" Cassie gave a slight smile back.

Although I only had a vague memory of how my mother looked, when I looked into Cassie's eyes I saw my mother twinkle in them, could be my imagination running wild or maybe she was telling the truth.

"Okay let's go, I have a busy day ahead of me already and can not afford to be held back".

"I will be back in time for you and the baby's doctor appointment".

I said placing a kiss on Iyanna's forehead.

Cassie and I headed out the door and headed down to the garage.