chapter26

Despite everything he said I still shot him point blank in the head.

My body burned with anger, I wouldn't be surprise if my whole body was red as a tomato.

I left out the warehouse and stepped outside to get some air.

"Kid"-"Funny what family can do to you Fernando" I said turning around and laughing.

"I expect it from someone that hates me and that I hate as much but my own blood line" I said still with a laugh.

"Look kid I know that this is probably a tough pill to swallow right now but just take some time to think about it, this still is family" Fernando said seeing that the laugh that was coming from me wasn't really for laughter but built up anger.

"No this is Ricky we're talking about you know how he is Fernando he's been like this since a kid something doesn't go his way he makes show until he get his way, well boy isn't he about to get a rude awakening that we're not kids no more" I said with another laugh and cocking my gun back.

"We will handle Ricky tomorrow it's late , go home to your lady" Fernando said patting my shoulder and walking away.

I hopped in a car and drove back to my place, my mind was cluttered, do I kill him do I not kill him.

I opened my door not to see a whole bunch of girls passed out in the living room from drinking too much wine and crying from cringe movies , but to see a zoned out Iyanna standing in the kitchen with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Hey baby" I said slow and confused taking off my jacket.

"You've never lied to me before right?" she said keeping her body turnt to the side but turning her head to me with no emotion on her face.

"Of course not" I said walking over to the kitchen.

"And you would never lie to me" she said looking straight at me and placing her glass down.

"No baby what's this about" I said trying to grab her hands but before I could she moved it and picked her glass back up.

She reached at the back of her and placed a gun on the table, my gun.

"Why is there a gun in our bedroom?" she said leaning on the counter looking straight at me with an eyebrow raised.

My eyes widened at the sight of the gun I had left in the night stand but I quickly lied on my feet.

"I got it for protection after what happened"

She laughed.

"You see I thought the same thing until I saw your initials engraved on the side, like this was your personal gun that you kept, now what would a business man like you be doing with a gun?" she said looking at me deep in my eyes.

I feel like she could see the stutter in them already.

This is not how I wanted Iyanna to find out that I was a Mafia leader but I was in a shit hole I couldn't do anything else but tell her the truth.

"Okay let me explain"-"oh you better" she said taking a sip of her wine without breaking eye contact with me.

Now that I think about it I don't think she should be drinking alcohol with pain meds.

"I am a business man but just a different type" I said easing my way into what I was about to say.

"Keep going" she said still not breaking eye contact.

"I am the mafia leader of one of the most wealthiest and powerful families in Chicago I am also the youngest" I said with my heart racing.

But her face didn't change.

"Wait you mean like actual Mafia leader like god father, shit in the movies" she said sitting up off the counter and looking at me.

"Yea just not as cheesy" I said scared to look at her dreadful eyes.

"I don't believe you, prove it" when she said this my head titled I've had people say that before in the business because of how young I am but never an outsider they would be trembling at the sound of that.

"I'm sorry"-"You heard me prove it i'm not going to believe that a softy like you is a top gangster and scares people without some proof"-"That soft spot is strictly one for you love it don't get nice outside this house" I said but her face just waited for me to show her.

I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures to see if that would convince her.

"All I see is a bunch of old people in suits this doesn't prove anything" she said looking annoyed.

"Okay well how about this one" I said showing her a picture of me and the leader of the Lorenzo group.

Her eyes widened.

"I heard about him he's the top drug lord in Mexico and is rich as fuck, the police can never arrest him because there's no real and strong proof against him" she said going low on that last part.

"So this is what you do, you sell drugs and carry guns" she said with anger on her face.

"Yes but it's not like that" I said getting up and walking over to her but she started backing up.

"It's that why everyone cause you Mr.Casanova because there scared of you"-"No everyone calls me Mr.Casanova because that's what they know me as you are the only one that really calls me by my first name" I said with a small laugh but oh boy did she not find it funny.

"I'm nothing like those other mobsters"-"Do you kill like those other mobsters?" her eyes watered a little at the thought of the question.

I fell silent not a word came out we just looked at each other her eyes filled with anger and tears, mine filled with confusion, speechlessness, worry, and a whole bunch more.

"When I ran into you that day in the city what were you doing there, did you kill someone is that why there was red splatter on the collar of your shirt" she said with clenched teeth and eyes flooding with tears but none falling.

I went pale, paler then I already am paler then a ghost at that point you could probably see my skeleton.

"I-" is all I could make out before her cutting me off, she knew the answer to her question by the look on my face.

"unbelievable" she said tears falling and walking out the kitchen too the door and grabbing her coat.

"Where are you going it's not safe out there" I said walking a little further up to her but not too much.

"No it's not safe here, don't worry I won't kill anyone while i'm out" she said before slamming the door.

I was in disbelief on what just happened Iyanna found out i'm a mafia leader and didn't take it well, Ricky is out to get me and Iyanna.

I slouched down on the kitchen floor.

"This can't be life"