Chapter 35

When I woke my head ached and there was loud ringing in my ear, with every move I made my body ached.

Half of the building had been blown off and parts of stone and rock were still falling.

"Dominic, Dominic" I called out to one of my guys seeing him laid under a piece of stone.

I tried crawling my way to him but the heavy and thick ash made it hard to breathe.

The side of my face drenched in blood.

I heard loud sirens approaching, flashing lights and cars appeared my vision was blurry but I could see some one walking into the ruble.

The lifted me and put me on a stretcher taking me out the building.

They put me on a oxygen tube and started pushing me to the ambulance.

"No, no I have to get up I have to get to Iyanna" I said breathlessly as I tried to get up.

"Sir, Sir we need you to stay calm and stay down" they said gentle pushing me to lay back down.

"No Iyanna I have to see her I have to make sure she's alright"

"We will go back and check if there is anyone else in the building but as of right now we need to get you to medical attention"

"No.."

I blacked out.

I woke up in the hospital with my head still aching and stomach wrapped in bandages.

But before my vision could adjust I started taking wires off of me and trying to get up.

"No kid you need to rest"

A familiar voice said.

"No I need to get to Iyanna I have to make sure she's alright" I said still continuing to get up until I felt gentle hands be place on my shoulders making me look up at them.

It was Fernando.

I let out a breath in relief that it was him but quickly tensed back up worrying about Iyanna.

"Fernando please I have to make sure Iyanna is alright you know what happened last time, what if they attacked the apartment again what if something worst happened to her then it did to me"

I went on rambling.

"Considering that you just got blown up inside of a building, I don't think it could be any worse" he said in a jokingly way but I did not laugh.

"She's fine, as soon as we heard what happened we went to the apartment nothing was disturbed there"

"Where is she?"

"She's with my wife"

I let out a breath and laid back in bed.

"What happened?" Fernando asked which made me tilt my head.

"I got blown up in a building isn't that obvious"

"No shit smart ass but how"

"Dom called me saying a box of supply had been delivered I went over there to check it out when I opened the box all seemed normal until I heard a ticking noise the next thing you know I'm here, how is Dom?"

Fernando fell silent and then shook is head.

My head fell back in devastation, Dom was loyal the best I had on my team and now he was gone at the hands of I don't know who.

But one thing I knew was if it were by the hands of Ricky I was going to kill him as soon as I got the chance.

The door opened and Iyanna and Fernando wife stood in it, Fernando wife signaled for him to get out the room while Iyanna came in.

Her face was flush red and her eyes was filled with sadness I could tell she had been crying a lot.

She came in and the door closed.

A sigh of relief passed over her face as she seen I was okay, she came and gave me a kiss.

But that happiness and joy of seeing me alive, soon faded off her face and turnt into anger.

"You could of died" she said jaw clenched dried up tears streamed down her face.

I didn't know what to say.

"Bab-" I said trying to grab her hand but she snatched it away.

"No , Stefano I love you and I am understanding of the life that you have but this is not a life that we should have to live, you almost dying me almost dying, we can't have one day without thinking someone is going to kill us"

She spoke with a trembling voice, tears coming down her cheeks.

And she was right we couldn't have one day freely without a target being on our backs, it wasn't right that this is how life had to be, it wasn't fair that she had to live like this.

"I'm not telling you that you have to stop doing your job because I know how much it means to you but i'm saying take what you are doing into consideration"

And just like that she left out the room.

My head fell back and as soon as it did the door opened again.

"Mr Casanova" a female nurse said with flirtation immediately in her eyes when she seen my bare chest wrapped.

She snapped quickly snapped out of it when the doctor walked in.

"Mr Casanova" the male doctor said taking a pause with a confused look.

"Aren't you the same Mr Casanova that was here with Iyanna Peterson?"

"Yep that's me"

"Wow it seems that danger follows you to a lot huh?"

"Yea you have no Idea" I said in a low voice.

"Well good luck seems to follow behind you too considering you just survived a building explosion , you suffered from some broken ribs and a gash to the head nothing to serious that could lead to brain damage but it should still be monitored other then that you should be alright" he said with a smile before leaving.

I let out a breath and heard a knock at the door.

Fernando peaked his head in before coming in.

"So how bad was it" he said with slight worry on his face.

"Well she was mad"

"Mad that you didn't die?"

"Mad that I could of died mad that she could of died mad that this is the lifestyle that we are surrounded by"

I said rubbing my forehead.

"She knew what she was signing up for when she said yes to marrying you she just still need to adjust"

"But that's the thing Fernando, she shouldn't have to adjust to being almost kilt everyday no one should"

"Look this is the life that you have the life that Iyanna in a couple months will vow to stand by till death do you too apart, yes there's going to be a lot of scary moments when you too think that you loose each other but the the important thing is that you two stick by each other no matter how rocky the boat gets, you don't just give her your last name you make her apart of who you are for better or for worse"

"Now get some sleep i'll make sure Iyanna gets back to the apartment safely"

My mind was cluttered I just drifted off to sleep...