Chapter 40

"Good morning Stefy, meeting at your office 10 O'clock don't be late handsome ;)" A message read from Veronica, I rolled my eyes and put my phone back down. I turned over to not see Iyanna next to me.

"Iyanna, Iyanna" I called out but still no response. I started to head downstairs and no one was there "Went on early morning runs with the girls be back later love you xoxo Iyanna" A note left on the counter.

I looked at my watch and noticed it was already 9:30 I quickly got dress and headed out the door to the office.

I walked in to see Veronica with a leather off the shoulder dress dark lipstick and gold jewelry, her pearly white teeth smile through her dark lips.

"Coffee" she said with a smile handing me one, I took it and proceeded to sit at my chair.

I put my feet up and waited for her to begin, "So whatcha got?" I said sipping on my coffee.

She smirked at me before she started speaking.

"Ricky is located in New York right now and by the looks of it he won't be there long"

"So we move in and get him now"

"Not so fast handsome"

"We can't go in creating a mess somewhere else, for starters it's the dumb thing to do and will contact a whole lotta attention, attention we don't need right now and by the time we get there he'll be gone"

"So contact the mobsters in New York to hold him for us"

"We don't need people in our business"

"So what do you suggest we do since you seem to know it all"

"We wait for him to come back here" everybody face immediately went into confusion and shock.

"I'm sorry what" I said taking my feet off the table.

"He's bound to come back here, he has no where else to go and when he does we will be waiting right here for him, relax papi" she said walking over to me and and rubbing her hand on my shoulder making me relax and let out a breath.

"And as for the bomber" I said looking up at her as she stood above me.

"Well as far as I can tell it seems like someone from Giovanni side sent it as a message wanting Giovanni"

"Well that is not possible"

"Why not?"

"Because I killed him, I can't give them something that I don't have"

Veronica eyes immediately flared up in flirtation and a smirk appeared on her face hearing I killed a man.

I rolled my eyes.

"You killed Giovanni ?" excitement coming out with every word.

"Yep was pretty nasty too, bullet right between the eyes"

"Never seen you as the killing type"

"We both know that's not true" I said and we both laughed.

After the meeting Veronica hung back to talk to the other leaders.

"You've been slacking with your training Stefano" she said looking at me up and down with disgust.

"You've grown soft" she said shaking her head.

"I've never been the type to go soft"

"I don't know Stefano I think I could pin your knees to your back in a second" she said as she circled around my body.

"Not a chance"

"Prove it" she said whispering in my ear.

I looked over at Fernando and he shrugged his shoulders saying go for it.

"Alright, to the training room, let's make it a show have everyone come" I said with a smirk as I walked away.

The rest of the leaders followed behind to the elevator where we got on and went to the basement. There was the training room and then a room up top where you could sit and watch.

Everyone else went to the top while me and veronica stayed on the mat, she went inside of the changing room and came back out with a sports bra leggings and her hair tied in a ponytail.

"Don't tell me your going to fight in a suit Stefano" She said with her hand on her hip tilting her head to the side.

I took off my jacket and then unbuttoned my shirt throwing it on the floor.

She grew a wide smile looking at my chest and my tattoos.

We grabbed two wooden sticks and began to fight. I'm not going to lie Veronica was a lot quicker then I had remembered.

She swung the stick and it hit me in my side making me groan in pain, although I had my bandages off I was still sore.

Everyone at the top made a noise when I went down.

"Come on Stefano I feel like your not even trying" she said as she stood effortlessly while I Kneeled out of breath.

"Like I said looks like someone went soft"

I got back up and we began fighting again, I got back to picking back up on Veronica movements just like when we were younger I soon knocked her to the ground and pointed the stick at her throat.

She smiled.

"Rule number one, never loosen up on your opponent" she said as she kicked my leg making me fall and pining me to the ground.

"You taught me that" she said as she sat on my chest.

"Rule number two, never think you have the upper hand" I said as I flipped her over pinning her on ground and laying in between her legs, as I held her arms above her head.

Our breathing jumped rapidly off each other.

"Thats the Stefano I remember" she said as we both smiled looking at each other.

I looked up at the sitting booth where everyone was to see Iyanna, I quickly got off of Veronica and grabbed my shirt to go up there.

"Iyanna" I said as she kept walking out the door clearly angry.

"Iyanna wait please it's not what it-"

"No Stefano you don't get to tell me what it looks like when I just saw it, you lie to me continuously. Tears began to stream down her face.

"Well guess what, no more" And just like that she took off the ring and threw it at me.

It was at that moment I felt my heart shatter...