Chapter 60

Not long after the doors at the top of those ballroom steps opened again.

And there was Ruiz standing at the top with a gleaming smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Well doesn't he know how to make an entrance," Iyanna said intrigued but not in the way you would think.

It was more of a devious intrusion.

"Welcome and thank you for all coming out tonight, enjoy yourselves, it is as they say The night is still young,"  He said holding a glass up and placing it over to me and Iyanna.

Even tho I'm quite sure it was more for Iyanna.

He started to walk down the steps the smile still firm on his face as he continued to mingle with the guest all the way down until he approached us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Casanova in the flesh," He said with this burst of excitement as he placed the now empty champagne glass down on a tray.

¨Mr.patteson, thank you for the gift¨ Iyanna said gliding her fingers over where the necklace laid.

¨Please, call me Ruiz and I just tried to match a gift as stunning as you are¨He said as he placed a kiss on her hand.

These leaders, always the messy type.

¨Mister Casanova, taking over your fathers business at just 18, you know your quite the legend around here¨

I chuckled as we shook hands.

¨My father was the legend I just walk in his shadow¨ I said as we kept eye contact longer than I would have wanted to.

¨So humble¨ he said as he still held on to my hand and stared into my eyes.

I pulled my hand away catching his attention.

¨I hope you don't mind the gift I brought your wife¨ 

¨Of course not, the rings I got her outweighs that¨ I said with a friendly laugh as he gave one back. 

¨Boys now there's no need to pick a fight over who brought the bigger diamond¨. Iyanna said placing her hand on my chest.

¨Of course not, enjoy tonight¨ Ruiz said walking away.

Iyanna and I began to walk away also.

¨He's got an agenda¨ I said to Iyanna once we were out hearing range with Ruiz.

¨Most definitly¨

¨Did you see the way he stared in your eyes, that's a man trying to figure something out¨

¨Yea I rather¨ not remember that I said with a chill crossing over my spine. 

¨He's obviously got a thing for you so next time he flirts with you flirt back¨ I said as my eyes scanned the room and then falling back to hers.

¨Im sorry what?¨ She said cocking an eyebrow up.

¨Say something cute back, don't worry no hard feelings¨. I said.

¨And why is that?¨She said now with an eyebrow raised and slanted pose.

¨Because at the end of the day, I'm the one that's fucking you and waking up to you in the morning¨ I said placing a kiss on her cheek.

¨Now mingle¨ I whispered in her ear before walking away.

It was about an hour of Iyanna and I being there everything seemed stable but there was no sign of Ruiz.

Then suddenly he reappeared back at the top of the steps. 

¨Thank you all for coming out tonight I hope you all had a wonderful time, but this has now become a private event, drive safe.¨ He said as everyone scattered and headed for the exit.