Chapter 51

The impact hit me and I dropped the knife from Marcos throat, he quickly ran away grabbing the towel Iyanna was using for her hair off the floor and pressing it against his neck.

I fell to my knees and Iyanna came over to me.

"Oh my god, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME DO THAT" she yelled as she touched my chest frantically looking for a bullet hole.

"There's no blood" she said as she looked at her hands and then looked at me.

"Yea that's because i'm wearing a bullet proof vest and because that gun is filled with blank rounds"

I said opening my jacket where the bullet proof vest was.

"Your a real asshole you know that" she said getting up from me and walking away.

"Hey" I yelled but she continued to walk.

"Look" I said grabbing her by her arm and pinning her against the wall.

"I don't know what your problem is-"

"Oh you don't know what my problem is, how about it being YOU JUST MADE ME SHOOT YOU FOR FUN" She said pushing me off her and taking a swing at me but I dodged it.

"Fun, oh you think this is fun for me" I said as we started fighting.

"I do this to prepare you, to get you ready for what's to come" But this seemed to anger her more.

She charged at me.

"I'm tired of hearing your bullshit excuses, you say that this is all for me and your all about helping me, but you know what I think, I think your just running from your own problems and your trying to pin me as one of them, well news flash i'm not Ricky"

She said as she laid on top of me her knee in my throat as we both grunted angrily.

I flipped her over.

"You know what your right I do have bigger problems and Ricky is one of them but Ricky is only one of them because of you, so you can hate me all you got damn want for tryin to prepare you for the mess YOU put us in, in the first place, but this attitude that you got against learning how to survive LOOSE IT"

I said pressing down on her.

I could see so many mixed emotions flowing through her eyes.

She pushed me off of her and crawled back, her face looking at me with devastation.

"Ricky is only a problem because of me?" she said with her head titled.

"Iyanna that's not what I meant"

"Oh no it is, you meant every word of what you said, well guess what my life was less in danger before I met you, it may of been shitty but at least I didn't have to worry about getting shot at, so I guess in the end us meeting each other both put shit on our lap we didn't need" she said standing up looking at me feet away.

"I married you to be your wife, the person you come home to at night when your having a shitty day and need to lay it off your chest, not to train to become one of your soldiers for a war you long started with Ricky way before you met me "

She said walking away.

Those words lefts wombs on both of us.

I walked in the room behind her and she was frantically grabbing things.

"I-"

"No you know, before you get whatever stress and problems else I brought to your life off your chest , I just have on question".

"If I didn't shoot you were you going to kill him?"

I stood there with a stern face as she looked up at me.

"I would of done whatever it took to make sure you did what you would need to do " she rolled her eyes walking away.

"Even if it meant taking an innocent man life"

"I would take my own blood life it meant it would keep you safe"

I said walking up to her arms folded.

"What if the gun wasn't a blank"

"I knew what I was doing"

"There was more than one gun on the table were they all blanks"

My eyes trailed off.

"No but I put enough faith in you that you would pick the one that was a blank and look you did"  I said walking away.

"So now your going based off faith"  she said yelling as I walked out the room

"With you, always, I'm going to always have faith in you, that's why I married you" I yelled back with a wink.

I could feel her smile as I walked away.

*************

I was confident that Iyanna skills were up to part, she could even flip me on my back.

"Pack your stuff"

She looked at me confused.

"We're going home" I said and she jumped in excitement.

"Really, wait so does that mean"

"Your ready in my eyes"  I said with a smirk on my face.

It was Iyanna and I last night and I decided I at least wanted her to have one night she could say she enjoyed.

So from our bedroom to the beach we're rose petals and laying on the white sand was fries from the diner and a bottle of Vodka.

This was the first time me and Iyanna had a deep conversation and it was the first time I knew I was going to love her.

"What's all this" she said with a smile.

"Well considering our first date I had to run out on you I got the next best thing, the day we ate to much and got way to drunk" I said and we both laughed.

"Are those fries straight from the diner back at home"

She said with complete shock on her face.

"Yep had it flown in"

We sat on the sand and it was like that night at the diner all over again.

The sky was dark and the stars twinkled.

Iyanna laid on my chest as we looked up.

"You know you've been really shitty these past weeks"

"I know"

"You know you technically trained me to kill you so if you get me angry enough I might actually"

I chuckled.

"I know"

"You know that everything I do is out of love"

I said stroking her hair.

"In your own sick twisted way, I know"......