Chapter 69

"You hit your pregnant wife!?" Selena voice in shock.

"What no, all I said was I snapped and that's what you got from that?"

"Well I mean when someone usually says they snap its actions are usually followed by violence"

I rolled my eyes.

"I would never put my hands on Iyanna"

"So then what did happen?"

"I yelled threw a couple things broke a couple things"

"So you trashed your apartment like a depressed teenage girl?"

I gave her a glare.

"How far along is she?"

"5 months"

"Know the gender yet?"

"No, we're supposed to find out this Thursday"
I said taking a sip from the bottle of beer I was drinking and laying my head back against the wall I was slouched on.

Selena had became my new safe spot after Fernando died.

"You know what I think it is your going through the pregnancy mood swings just like her and your stressed about work and protecting her and the baby"

"She is too and that's why things got so out of hand"

"Iyanna's only tryna help you with reconnecting with your family because she wishes that's something she could of had the opportunity of doing "

" Your trying to protect her because you wish you had someone that could keep you safe and love you"

I took another sip.

"Damn Selena, you ever think about dropping out the tattoo business and becoming a therapist?"

She laughed.

"Na it's not my thing, besides I gotta keep kicking your sorry ass off my tattoo floor almost every week I have no time for other clientele's"

I smiled looking at her.

"Thank you"

"No problem, and put something on that hand before you loose it" She said returning back upstairs as I look down at my bloody hand that I punched threw the mirror.

I got up and took my sorry ass back home.

I climbed up the stairs that lead to our bedroom, glass everywhere picture frames off the wall.

One in particular caught my attention, it was Iyanna first ultrasound I smiled remembering that day.

Iyanna said the baby had the head of its father no doubt. I picked the picture up and placed it back on the nightstand.

I threw my jacket on the ground and went over to a tear streak face Iyanna who laid in bed with her hand placed on her stomach.

I laid my head on her stomach.

"Hey little guy" I whispered.

"Or girl, I'm sorry i'm putting you and mommy through so much stress, this is a whole new world to me, falling in love with your mom, expecting you."

"These are all things I would of never expected, but what I will say is your mom makes me so happy and I love her so much that I guess you can say it makes me mad sometimes."

"Just like how I already love you so much, I'm not perfect and the world your coming into isn't an easy one but one thing I want you to always know is I will forever love you and protect you"

I kissed Iyanna stomach and then kissed her cheek.

I went downstairs poured me a glass of whisky.

I had no intention on falling asleep but before I knew it my body drifted off and I was consumed with darkness.

Iyanna

"Okay okay little one " I said holding the bottom of my stomach as I tip-toed down the steps. It was five in morning and I had to pee so bad, which has become a new thing since being pregnant.

I walked in the kitchen to grab something to drink when I noticed Stefano laid sitting up on the couch with a glass in his hand.

"Welp little one, it seems daddy has had a few to drink" I said with a whisper holding the bottom of my stomach and waddling over to the living room.

I grabbed the glass out of his hand before it dropped.

He stirred in his sleep soon waking up.

"Iyanna" he spoke with a drunken voice on.

He gentle grabbed me unexpectedly making me yelp and pulled me down on his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and cuddled his head into my chest.

"I'm sorry, I- I tore up the house, I screamed at you and your pregnant, I'm a terrible person" He slurred his words.

"Iyanna" He sat up with his eyes in a daze.

"My wife, my soulmate, and soon to be the mother of my first child".

He kissed my hand.

"I am going to admit to you that I have been in a mood lately and that is because i'm worried"

"My job is to keep my family safe and business running and ever since Ruiz interfered I've been failing at both"

"And then my sister and mom suddenly pop back up in town I'm barely holding my head above water right now Iyanna"

"I can't afford to let it fall because everything is going to come crashing down with me".

For the first time Stefano was truly open he was vulnerable.

"I got Gordon on my ass making me question If what i'm truly doing is right for everyone or my own self need".

"V, oh my god the things I said to V"

"Hey, hey it's okay, okay It's been a long day for the both of us let's get some sleep we'll finish talking in the morning" .  I said grabbing his face trying to help him calm down.

"I love you so much, so so much"

"I love you too"

"And I love you  even more" He said placing his hand on my stomach.

I felt a large kick push forward.

"Oh" I said with widened eyes.

"Has that happened before?" Stefano asked confused.

"No not until just right now" I said in complete shock.

"Our baby first kick" he said with his words slurred.

"Our baby's first kick" I said with a wide smile on my face.

He stood up as he held my hand and waddled as slow as I did.

"Iyanna"

"Yes"

"I'm drunk"

"I know you are come on, up the stairs let's go to bed" I said as I continued to pull him the rest of the way.