79

"So what's the plan?" I swallowed the rest of my food hard when those words left Alissa mouth.

Stefano and I had a plan but he made it abundantly clear that we couldn't tell anyone not even his mother.

So silence weighed in a lil while longer .

"Ummm hello, earth to the people who are scarfing down my food right now."

I looked at Stefano who gave me a side eye and shook his head no.

Alissa snorted .

"Okay I see, still don't trust me is that it ?"

"Mom this has nothing to do with you this is for everyone's safety. Think about it Ruiz captures you , wants to know where Iyanna is just to be a dick , beats the living shit out of you and you end up telling. Right there that's you dead and Iyanna dead."

She looked at Stefano with squinted eyes.

"I've been on the run for almost your entire life and you think a middle aged ego maniac who has more looks then brains is gonna capture me and beat the living shit out of me ?" She said it in such disbelief.

"Stefano I think you bets get the talking." Stefano was timid and stiff. He analyzed Alissa, contemplating with himself once more before grabbing his and I plate and putting it in the sink.

He then grabbed my hand as I stood up and looked at Alissa.

"It's been a long couple of days for all of us , mom feel free to stay the night and help yourself to whatever you need." With that we went upstairs and he closed the door.

"Stef your really not gonna tell your mom?" I stood by the door and Stefano began getting undress and moving around the room as if I didn't just ask a question.

I waited a while longer to see if maybe a delayed response would appear, but still he continued on as if I weren't there.

" My love." I sang I softly.

He looked at me.

Stressed filled his face at first glance but soon soften as we looked at each other.

I smiled making my way over to him.

"Tell me what's on your mind." I held his hands while looking straight up at his eyes.

But he pulled away and got in bed.

"You know what's on my mind Iyanna."

He spoke so breathlessly.

Stefano and I have found our selves in a lot of intense conversations lately because we are in a intense situation.

And lately my emotions have been taking over and I've been lashing out at him but he continues to be understanding.

I don't want my husband to feel like it's okay that I act the way I act because he's not meeting up to what I expect of him when it comes to being my husband or even being some Mafia leader.

He has feelings to and nothing is easy on him, at the end of the day my husband is just a man in a suit who carries a gun.

"Stef it's okay if your scared." I said sitting down on the bed in front of him.

I wanted him to feel safe with me.

I got as close to him as my belly would allow me and put my hand on the back of his neck.

I pressed our foreheads together as one of Stefano's hands rested on my stomach and the other holding my waist.

"We can talk about it all night." He let out a long breath as his head now laid on my shoulder.

My hands trickled down his neck and up to his ear as I felt his body begin to unravel.

"I don't know what I'm walking into, I have no promises I can keep with you, and that eats me up inside more than any physical harm can."

"It's okay Stefano." I tried to consult but he lifted his head up to meet my gaze.

His eyes pleaded.

"It's not Iyanna I know it's not and you don't have to try to give me sympathy towards it because I don't deserve it.

I've lost so many and I've almost lost you twice .

I lack what it is to be a partner , a leader, a father.

My father died before he let anyone else he loved be at fall."

He chuckled.

"Ricky knew all along."

"Don't say that." I cut in. My stomach sinking with sorrow to hear him say that.

"There was bigger to come and I was gonna fumble it all because I'm not as equipped as I think."

"No , no , Stef nothing about him was right , he lead off of hate and bitterness, he knew how to create chaos.

You've overcome so much from such a young age and I understand having to always feel responsible because you were the only one around for yourself and others .

But I don't look for a man to save me in you , that's not why I married you. I married you because your gentle and sweet , I married you because you have a caring heart.

I'm with you and I love you and I support you because everyday you put your best foot forward since the day we first met and I appreciate you no matter the outcome."

Stefano head had now made it to the top of my belly with his ear pressed firmly against.

"I gotta make it back home to you." He spoke low rubbing my stomach.

"And you will."

He looked up at me to meet my gaze one more time .

"When this is over we're out of this business forever, I promise.

We're leaving Chicago permanently.