Chapter 37

I laid down in the bed and groaned in more pain, my arm was wrapped to my stomach keeping it in place.

I didn't speak a word the whole entire time I just looked of into the distance.

"Hey you okay?" Iyanna voice spoke making me look at her.

"Yea just a little tired thats all" I said in a low voice but I knew that Iyanna could tell that there was more to it.

"I'm sorry about Dom, I really am" she said before getting up and heading downstairs.

I laid my head down on the pillow and put my arm by my pocket and I felt something.

I pulled out the little note paper that had king written on it.

I looked at it closely and noticed something I haven't noticed before the K on the paper it was written in a way the I've noticed many times.

But that was impossible.

The only person who wrote there K's like that was Giovanni and he was dead.

I quickly called Fernando to come over.

Not long after a knock went at the door and Fernando and Iyanna came in the bedroom.

"Look" I said handing him the paper.

His face fell with confusion. "What am I supposed to be looking at here?"

"The K" he looked closer and still was confused.

I let out a breath.

"There's only one person who writes there K like that and it's Giovanni"

When those words left my mouth His eyes widened. "That's impossible I thought you kilt him"

"I did kill him I watched him bleed out"

"How are you sure it's him?" Iyanna asked sitting on the bed.

"It's like a signature only you can do your signature"

"Look kid I don't know but we will figure it out"

"Is everything ready for Dom's funeral tomorrow"

"Yes now get some rest kid"

Fernando left and Iyanna helped me get undressed.

I laid down with a mind still cluttered but remembered Iyanna's touch before drifting off to sleep.

It was the morning and the day of Dom's funeral, the sun didn't shine in this morning.

There were heavy thick clouds and rain the perfect mood for this occasion.

Iyanna and I began to get dress for the funeral I wore a typical black suit.

And Iyanna wore a skin tight black dress with her curls placed up into a high bun, she wore black heels and fancy earnings.

I smiled at the sight of her. It was the first time that I had smiled a actual smile these past few days, her beauty was remarkable.

She grabbed my arm as we left out the building.

It stormed outside.

When we arrived to the funeral everyone had black on and stood with black umbrellas.

The service began and the sobs of people outweighed the loud rain.

It was time to say a few words and I stepped up.

"I've known Dom for it feels like all my life, he watched me grow up and become the young man I am today, his heart was pure and his soul was good he was the best fighter and friend out there, he wasn't just someone who was on the job with me, he was a brother, a brother that we will all miss dearly"

After the service I headed back to my office to have a quick meeting with the leaders.

I brought Iyanna with me, when we walked in her eyes glowed at the high selling and fancy hallways. we entered my office where everyone waited.

"Stefano how you feeling buddy"

"I've had better days"

"This must be the misses, it's a pleasure to finally meet you" Marco spoke placing a kiss on Iyanna hand.

Marco was always the type to flirt.

"He sure do got him a pretty one fellas"

"Don't push it Marco, I'll still beat your ass bandage and all" I said with a laugh sitting down as Iyanna sat on my lap.

"I'm just a tease" he said with a laugh back.

"A friend called in and said he would like to help with the search of Ricky and the person who tried to blow you up"

"Who is this friend?"

"An allied from Russia, you remember Ivan?"

"Yes one of my father and I greatest friends, he's coming all this way?

"No he's sending his daughter with a couple of men"

At that moment all the blood had left my body and my eyes widened.

"No we are all good" I said quickly with panic in my voice.

"Nonsense you are the one that insisted we needed all hands on deck and now we are getting it"

"Fernando" I looked at him with a side eye anger positioned on my face.

"Look kid this is not about you and Veronica right now, this is about finding Ricky and finding who sent the bomb, y'all past should not effect that"

I could just feel the glare that Iyanna had at me.

"Who's Veronica?"

I stayed quiet.

"Why her?" I spoke out.

"You know why Stefano" I did she was the smartest and most bad ass fighter there was in Russia, she was fierce and anything she needed to know or wanted to know she would find out.

"Stefano" Iyanna said leaning down looking in my face as we made direct eye contact.

Her face had no emotion but her eyes asked a million questions.

"Nobody baby just a old friend"

"Yea if that's what you wanna call it" one of the mafia leader snicker and I shot him a glare so sharp and stone, if looks could be killed he would be dead.

"When is she set to arrive?" I asked with present anger on my face.

"She should be here in the next 3 days"

"Alright then gentlemen great talk but I have to get the wife home, it's been a long day" I said with my hand on her lower back as we stood up together, her face stayed with a stone expression on it.

As we walked out the building she didn't say a word to me she just continued to glare at me with anger.

I just knew that when we got home, shit was going to hit the fan...