Chapter 45

I woke up with the sun shining through the office blinds and I just thought to myself at that moment there was no way that I blacked out from drinking all the way to the morning.

My head still pounded to the ruthenium of the music that played last night.

I lifted it up, confetti stuck to the side of my face, Veronica was passed out on my desk and everyone else was on the floor.

I looked at my phone and I saw 35 miss calls from Iyanna, oh boy was I in trouble.

"V" I called out to Veronica.

"V" I called out to her more loud and aggressive.

She moaned and groaned as she rolled falling off the desk and landing on the floor right next to me.

"ouch," she said placing her hand on her head.

"Get up we have to go can you drive"

She shook her head no before passing back out.

"Fernando" I yelled turning over to the other side of the room.

He snored loudly, I knew it was no way he was getting up or driving.

"Ughh" I managed to get my hungover body up and to the entrance of the building.

"Gomez" I need a car and a driver and a lot of pain medicine," I said as I leaned over the desk.

"Right away sir"

I entered the car and drove to the tailor.

I picked up the suits and went back to the house.

As I went to the door I searched for the key but my pockets were empty.

Shit.

I would have to knock on the door which was even worse.

I knocked on the door lightly and waited for Iyanna to open the door.

She opened the door with a disappointed face on, how a mother would, I didn't really know since I never had one but I'm guessing.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

"I got the suits," I said handing her them.

"Oh you mean the suits I sent you to get YESTERDAY," she said grabbing them.

I walked into the house to see a sleep Naomi and Jessica on the couch.

Then I glanced over to the kitchen counter to see two empty wine bottles and a half-drunken whisky.

"Seems like you had a celebration of your own I see"

I said but she ignored me and turned my head to the side.

"Where did this come from?"

I had forgotten that I still had a shit ton of confetti on my face.

"I was on my way to get the suits but then Fernando took me to the office they had a surprise bachelor party and three bottles of whiskey and two bottles of vodka later here I am, but I got the suits"

I said showing her the good in this situation.

"Mhm and we're there strippers there?" she said placing the suits down on the kitchen counter.

"What no of course not we are classy the most trashy thing there was the decorations," I said which made Iyanna break a smile.

I went to go give her a kiss but she backed up.

"Nope in the shower you smell disgusting," she said pushing me, I laughed and went upstairs.

I got in the shower and not long after my phone started to buzz like crazy.

There were these text messages from Fernando my eyes couldn't believe what they were reading.

There was a rat in the business someone was telling Ricky that we were on to him that we were watching his every move, that's why Ricky knew how to move and when to move.

That's how he knew how to hide months from us

Apart from me wanted to believe that Fernando was still drunk and hungover but these messages were clear and by the way, these texts were sent it sounded like Fernando was as sober as ever.

It angered me that someone that I trusted in the business was betraying me.

I jumped out of the shower and got dressed quickly avoiding the headache I still had from last night's event.

I felt as if smoke were coming out of my ears.

I headed downstairs and ready to go out the door.

"Hey what's wrong?" Iyanna said coming up to me at the door.

"Lock the doors don't let a single soul  in here unless it's me do you understand me?" I said to her in the sternest voice I ever gave her.

"Yes"

"I'll be back, I have to go handle something".

And just like that, I walked out the door I headed back to the still recked office.

"Tell me everything you know," I said walking in.

Veronica stood with an iPad in her hand and mirrored it on to the tv.

"Late last night while the fun was going on someone entered the room upstairs yesterday and used one of the burner phones to contact Ricky but little did they knew it wasn't a burner phone"

"Do we have audio evidence?"

"Right here"

Veronica played the recording and sure enough, it was that bastard's Ricky voice.

¨Pull up the data file someone clearly had to swipe their card to get into the room.

Veronica pulled the data up and It read 'Luis Lamez'.

¨Who is this guy?¨ 

¨He is who got called in after Dom passed¨ Fernando spoke.

¨Well who gave him the clarence and why didn't it come THROUGH ME¨

I yelled in anger. 

I didn't know how he had gotten in here who even placed him under the order.

¨Calm down Stefano we have him here and he doesn't even know it¨

¨So what we gonna do about it, grab him by the balls and drag him in here?¨"Fernando asked.

¨No, Veronica's right he doesn't know that we have this on him, if we go dragging him in he won't be easy we have to play it off¨. 

¨Send him in here¨ I said with a devious smirk and Veronica gave one back.

I sat at my desk as Veronica brought Luis in.

¨What can I do for you boss?¨ 

He said as he stood in front of my desk and Veronica stood behind him.

¨Luis, you know how valuable this business is to me right?¨

¨Yes sir¨

¨And you know how I don't like making messes?¨

¨Yes sir¨

¨So tell me now, why are you forcing me to make one¨

He looked at me confused as I glanced over at Veronica.

She kicked him down and put him in a headlock long enough to make him pass out.

¨Works everytime¨ she said with a smirk and I gave her one back.

¨Boys take him down to the training room¨

¨Im not done with him yet¨

Torture was always Veronica's thing as it was mine but Veronica enjoyed the sound of every inch of pain they endured especially knowing it was coming from her and she controlled how much they felt. 

It was our favorite thing to do younger when her father brought in a man he needed answers from, we were the duo to ensure that whatever we needed we got it.....