Chapter 62

"So you just left?" Selena asked me with an eyebrow arched.

"I didn't know what else to do or say" 

"So your bright idea was to leave your PREGNANT wife who just survived a stabbing that could have killed her and your unborn child?" 

"It sounds like your just hearing what you wanna hear," I said with annoyance in my voice.

"And it sounds like there's more on your chest than what you're letting on because I know Iyanna being pregnant can't be the true problem that's weighing you down" I looked away from her as she spoke.

"It feels like growing up I never had a father or a mother, my mother left when I was two, my father died when I was nine I've always been on my own" 

"And now I'm expected to be something that I never had, I don't know the first thing on what it's like to be a father or what it feels like to have one"

"You're scared" she spoke with a slight smile and her head tilted.

"I'm what people are scared of"  I spoke taking a drink from the whisky bottle.

"Give that bullshit to someone else," She said rolling her eyes.

"You're scared because you don't know what to do, your lost"

"Since you seem to know so much about me, why don't you tell me what I should do" I spoke with a gleaming attitude. 

"You need to get your sorry ass up off my damn tattoo parlor floor and go be with your wife"

"You think your the only one who is scared, Iyanna didn't have a mother or father just as much as you didn't"  She spoke strong and stern.

"You're a mafia leader, you weren't raised to run from the eye of a gun, well raise yourself to not run away from life problems either." She spoke grabbing the bottle from my hand and going upstairs.

I let out a deep breath before grabbing my jacket and leaving out Selena's shop.

I went back to the hospital and into Iyannas room.

She laid in the bed on her side with her hand placed on her stomach.

Shit.

Selena was right I was caught off guard I was lost. 

I sat on the couch across the room from Iyannas's bed.

The sun came through the hospital's blinds and Iyanna flinched at the sight of it on her face.

She turned her head over to see me.

"I didn't think you were going to be here"  she said sitting up slowly and rubbing her eyes 

"Where else would I be?" I said with a slight smile on my face.

She took a deep breath and laid her head back on the pillow.

"It's not about the baby Iyanna" I spoke still sitting on the couch

"Then what is it, Stefano," she said with a voice of frustration.

"Its all of this, me."

"Iyanna I still struggle every day to keep you safe, from the moment that I met you I loved you, I told you what I couldn't promise you" 

"And I'm sorry for that because I know it affects you"

"But it hurts that much more knowing that I have to tell my kid those same things"

"To have people come after them and try to hurt them"

"To tell them that one-day daddy might not come home to kiss them goodnight"