chapter 20: A Casanova Christmas

2 weeks go by......

Everything had been going well in the business nothing out of the ordinary had been happening and Iyanna and I were inseparable and she was always over at my place. It was my favorite time of the year Christmas.

I headed over to the office where it was decorated in festive lights I gave everyone time off to go be with there families and spend holidays with there love ones, everyone was gone accept for one. "Hey Fernando" I said walking into his office.

"Hey kid" he said wrapping up the rest of his things to leave the office. "Got anything special planned" I said with my hands behind my back, "Just going to spend the holidays with my misses and you know enjoy family" he said grabbing his suitcase.

"Merry Christmas" I said handing him an envelope he grabbed the envelope with a confused look on his face. "What's this" he said beginning to tear it open.

"It's your retirement check I know you love this business but just in case you ever feel like you want to escape from it here's your check this way you can by you and the misses a private island" I said with a smile on my face, Fernando face lit up looking at the number on the check.

"Wow thank you kid" he said coming over to me and giving me a hug, "No problem" I said hugging him back. We left out the office and I went over to the diner to pick Iyanna up and taker her back to my place.

"Hey baby ready to go" I said as I leaned over the counter giving her a kiss, "Yea just let me grab my purse" she said walking over to where her purse hung, We left out the diner and went back to my place.

In my living room was lights and a tree that glowed, with stockings that had Iyanna and I name on it we also had some gifts underneath the tree. Iyanna had went upstairs to change out of her work clothes, When she came down she had her hair tied into a large bun with her curls coming out the side and a silk pink robe.

She went over to sit on the white carpet next to the tree, I sat next to her and grabbed a long square box from underneath the christmas tree. "I know christmas isn't until tomorrow but this gift just couldn't wait" I said handing her the box.

She started ripping off the rapping paper and took off the lid to the box, she pulled out a key and a document paper, "It's the key to here this is our place now, and that paper is your med school payed off also I closed the lease off at your apartment in the city" her eyes began to water.

"You never have to work at the diner again" I said with a smirk, she climbed on top of me and squeezed me tightly as tears came out her eyes. "Aww baby don't cry" I said as I held her as she soon lifted up.

"How did I get so lucky" she said holding my face and then kissing me I smiled as we stood up , "come on it's time to clean out your closet and take over everything you ever owned" she said with a smile before kissing me. "Can't wait" I said with a smile as we both laughed and headed up stairs.

Authors Note

I know this chapter is short but y'all this is going to be a big milestone for the next upcoming events.