Chapter 63

I sat back in my chair and let out a breath.
The words "what would your father think of you now?" kept replaying over and over in my head.

"Boss we got some commotion down near the bar"

"I'm not the police Derek, a fight down at the bar doesn't concern me". I said spinning around in my chair.

"It's dealing with Ruiz and his men"  I stopped spinning my chair and gave him a sharp look.

"Let's go sort out the problem then," I said with a devious smirk.

I drove into the city where Ruiz guys had someone pinned to the wall against the bar while he leaned against his car.

"Causing mess in my city to get my attention, I'm no therapist but to me, that sounds like a cry out for help," I said stepping out of the car.

"Well you know I didn't wanna call you who knows if you had my number saved, explaining that I'm the guy who just tried to kill your wife seemed repulsive"

"How is she by the way?, truly sorry didn't mean for such a beauty to get hurt"

"But you know when you're dealing with a beast you sometimes tend to get scratched a little"

We stood with devious smiles on our faces.

"So your teaching your men to be bullies now Ruiz," I said as a man struggled in their grasp.

" Of course not, just needed to cause a little noise to see if you would show"

"Well here I am"

"I'm quite surprised too, you came alone, I can't tell if you've come to terms with dying or if this is meant to be a friendly convo".

I chuckled.

"Funny I feel the same way with you still being here in Chicago, only I think its because you've come to terms with dying, not much of a friendly convo"

"So tell me Ruiz, what are you still doing in my city?" I said with my arms folded.

"I was hoping I could open your eyes and show you that Chicago can be your city just as much as mine and New york can be mine just as much as yours"

I chuckled and shook my head in disappointment.

"Oh Ruiz, you messed with the one thing that has a hands off policy and now your here to bargain?"

I chuckled turning around.

"Go back to your city Ruiz, take in the last moments of the beautiful city before I come up there and kill you" I said getting in my car and driving off.

I drove back to the hospital to check on Iyanna.

"Easy now" I said as Iyanna began to stand up from the bed.

"Sure you should be walking yet?" I said as Iyanna stood on her feet, her face covered in pain.

"Can't just stay in bed all day" She said with pain in her voice.

"If I had to choose between getting stabbed or getting beat, I would choose getting beat, every time I move it's like it's happening all over again, at least with that it was like a never ending headache " She said letting out a breath of air that blew her curls up.

"I promise that you will never have to go through neither ever again"

"Now let's get you to the bathroom nana" I said and we shared a laugh.

"I ran into Ruiz today" I said as I sat on the couch and Iyanna laid back in the bed.

"Is he still breathing?" she said slowly as she finished up her yogurt.

"For now"

"Hmm why the wait? The Stefano I know tends to like to leave those who hurt him without there lives" She said licking the rest of the yogurt off her spoon.

"Oh I still intend on doing so, just after my wife and child get out of the hospital"

" Speaking of i've been thinking of baby names" Iyanna said as she put the empty yogurt container down.

"Oh really well let's hear some" I said leaning back with my arms folded and a delightful smile.

"Well If it's a boy I was thinking Stefano Junior"

"Oh god no, we don't need another baby Stef in the family" She laughed.

"Well do you have any names"

"Chris"

"Chris?"

"Our child just sounds like they do drugs and are going to jail"

We laughed.

"What about if it's a girl?"

"I don't know, I was thinking Alissa"

I fell quiet and my stomach sunk in.

"Hey you okay?" Iyanna said looking at me with concern.

"Yea... umm that-that was my mother's name, I haven't heard it in awhile" I said clearing my throat.

A knock went at the door and a nurse walked in.

"Mr.Casanova, there's a women at the front"

I raised an eyebrow.

"She says she's your sister".......