chapter 32

After the small celebration Iyanna and I had last night, I woke up to the sound of my 7:00a.m alarm clock.

With out looking over I placed my hand on it turning it off. I looked down to see Iyanna still sleep and laid in my arms.

I reached over and looked into my phone and saw a text from Fernando. "Meeting today 9:00 don't be late!!!" I put my phone down and placed my head back down on the pillow.

I snuggled in closer to Iyanna, rubbing my hands on her soft body and inhaling her sweet-scent. I eased out from under neath her and decided to get in the shower.

I was overfilled with joy of being able to spend the rest of my life with Iyanna but the burden of knowing Ricky was out to ruin all of that outweighed it some.

When I got out the shower I tied a towel around my waist and went over to where the dresser was. Connected to the dresser was a mirror that pointed to The bed.

When I looked into the mirror I could see Iyanna peeking at me.

I chuckled and dropped my towel, looking back into the mirror I see her eyes widen but soon shut when she realizes that I notice she's looking at me.

I open up my top draw and pulled out a pair of boxers. When I glanced back in the mirror I saw her peeking again with one eye open and the other eye close.

"You know I can see you right" I said turning around after putting my boxers on.

She continued to pretend like she was sleep.

"Okay well then I guess I should just continue to get ready" I said still facing her waiting for her to open her eyes again.

And she did.

" Gotcha"I said smiling and she peeked and then closed her eyes with a smile.

I went over to the bed and brushed her hair out her face before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Oh hey what are you doing up so early?" She said waking up with a fake yawn.

"You can drop the act" I said with a smile.

"I have no Idea what you are talking about" she said as I continued to brush the curls out her face.

"Oh really because I could of sworn I seen you checking me out in the mirror"

"Wasn't me"

"You sure"

"Absolutely"

She said which made us both give a small laugh and me soon leaning in giving her a kiss.

She looked at me and smiled.

"As much as I enjoy laying in bed all day with you , I got a business to run" I said looking into those beautiful eyes of hers.

"I know" she said rubbing my hand that was on her cheek.

"You'll be okay?"

"Yea besides i'm heading out later to go visit my friends and share the great news" She said looking at the chunk of diamond wedding ring that shinned on her finger.

"Okay" I said placing a kiss on her forehead before getting off the bed and continuing to get dressed.

Iyanna rolled over to go back to sleep.

I finished getting dressed and was getting ready to head out the door.

"I love you be safe" she mumbled from her head being stuffed in the pillow.

"I love you too, hey got any suggestions for dinner tonight I was thinking south asian"

"Sounds great" she said with her face still stuffed in the pillow.

I chuckled and with my body half way out the bedroom door I looked back.

"Oh and one last thing" I said which made her look up at me.

"You should get some sleep, I plan on going all night " I said with a smirk and a wink.

Her cheeks instantly turned rose red as she smiled and dropped her head back into her pillow.

When I walked into my office all the leaders were there and they cheered as I walked in.

"Heyyy kid we hear your tying the horse down, congratulations" I looked at him confused as the reference he used but quickly caught on that he was talking about my marriage.

As I walked over to my desk I kept getting pats on the back and congratulations when I reached my desk Fernando stood there.

"So I see You shared the great news" I said before being pulled into a hug

"My boy is all grown up, your father would be so excited to hear your getting married, although he would say your too young, but then again who was he to give advice on love and women " he said pulling me out the hug with a great big laugh .

"Thank you gentlemen but if this is what I was called for early in the office, they have group chats and group calls for this" I said but they all laughed.

"You know we like it the old fashion way but no that's not why we called you in"

"It's about Ricky" Fernando said.

"Well let's take a seat gentlemen" I said as everyone took a seat at the long table.

"First and for most we would like to deeply apologize about the events that happened to you and your father, we had no idea and feel like we didn't do our job as a united family and because of that your father life was taken and so was almost yours"

Marco spoke.

"I appreciate it gentlemen but let's not dwell on the past mistakes, but let's look at it as a opportunity to make sure it doesn't happen again" I said with my legs and arms folded on top of the table.

"So I hear you got information on Ricky"

"Yea and no" Fernando said which made me rase an eyebrow.

"We have been tracking his credit card movements and so far he has checked into three motels his most recent one being in Detroit"

"He's on the move trying to find shelter"

"I want you to alert all the leaders all our allies, of the honor that he has broken, may he not find peace knowing there is a target on his back, may he not be shown mercy , I want you to freeze his credit cards"

"I want his head brought back on a silver platter"...