8. To the girl I love and the man I hate

I was on my way home with my mind at ease, yes I did kill a man but I was living up to what every mafia leader had already done, for once I felt like they were accepting me and not just looking at me as some kid who's way in over his head trying to take over his father's business. When I reached my apartment door it was already cracked opened I pulled out my gun and I opened the door slowly when I came around the corner from the door into the kitchen there was Ricky standing. ¨RIcky what the hell is wrong with you, I could have killed you¨ I said yelling at him and lowering my gun, ¨Whoah buddy you get one kill and then you start pointing that thing at everyone¨ he said with a laugh as he put the glass he was drinking down on the counter. ¨How did you even get in here?¨ I said putting my gun away, ¨I told the guy downstairs I was your cousin and he gave me a key card right up, you know now that I think about it that's not very safe you should think about moving I mean I could have been coming here to kill you and they just let me in¨ he said with a laugh walking over to the window.

¨Get to the point Ricky what are you doing here?¨ I said annoyed ¨It was your first big kill I just figured I'd stop by and have a couple of drinks with you and see how it went¨-¨It went fine and I've had enough drinks now leave¨ I said holding the door open. ¨Oh really, I heard there was a little hiccup with a girl who was walking past and saw you¨ He said taking a sip.¨Who told you that?"I asked closing the door and staring at him, ¨Well you know the family business and all and I'm family so¨ he said taking another sip ¨Yea I believed her name was Iyanna, what was that about¨-¨It's fine I handled it¨ I said with clenched teeth, ¨who is she?¨ he said walking up to me trying to dig for answers. ¨She's a girl that works at the diner¨-¨Well what would a girl at the diner want to do with a killer like you¨-don't push it, Ricky, ¨I said wit my teeth clenched even harder. ¨What it's who you are, it's who you're meant to be there's nothing to be ashamed of there¨ he said now face to face with me, my face stood stone with anger while his perked with a smile. ¨I said I handled it now leave it Ricky¨ I said walking away from him and going over to the window, ¨Well I sure do hope so, you know what would happen if she knew what you were into we would have to kill her¨ he said taking his final sip. ¨But we won't have to worry about that because you handled it, baby Stef is handling everything now isn't he, well I guess iĺl be going, oh and you should probably get cleaned up you got a little blood on your shirt¨ He said as he closed the door.

I went into the shower where I just thought, what I do is too dangerous for Iyanna to be around but the way I feel when I'm with her can't keep me away I was stuck at a crossroad and I didn't know which way to walk. So I decided to call the only person that I knew could help me. ¨Fernando hey buddy¨ I said with excitement as he picked up the phone, ¨Look kid I know you probably still excited about your first kill but do you have any idea what time it is¨ he said grouchily. ¨Yes I know but I need your advice¨-can't it wait till the morning?¨-¨no I need this now¨ I said eagerly, ¨Okay kid im listening what is it?¨-¨Remember the girl that we met that night for my birthday¨-¨Yea what about her¨-¨Well I've recently kept running into her and It was this one night where I was super stressed because Ricky had come into town with all these questions so I went over to the diner and we ate some fries and drank some Booz and I don't know we hit it off pretty well¨-¨Okay I'm still not seeing the problem here kid¨-¨The problem is I don't know what to do¨ I said plopping down on the couch with a mixture of sadness and aggravation. ¨

¨Well how do you feel when you talk to her or get around her?¨ he asked in a calm tone, ¨ when I'm with her I feel like I can be myself around her, I feel like I'm just your average teenage boy going through the lost of a father and that's all, when I'm with her I don't feel like I'm a mafia boss who has to go out and kill people and give orders I feel at peace¨. I said calmly at the end, ¨Well then go be with her kid¨-¨I can't¨-¨Why not!¨ he said raising his voice. ¨Because!¨ I said raising my voice back, ¨Because of who I am this business is no place for love it's too dangerous¨ I said with sadness in my voice, ¨Look kid your right this business is very dangerous but as for it being no place for love, this is a place where you need love the most, after coming home from killing people you need someone pure to hold you and to still see the light in you after all the dark you have done¨-¨But Fernando what do I tell her¨-¨Nothing, you don't have to tell her nothing all she needs to know is how much you care about her the rest can come later, Look I've been married for 25 years when I first got with my wife she didn't know what I did now, she knows evrything overtime that happened and I have the most trust in her and honestly, it's kept me from going crazy in this business everybody needs there light at the end of the tunnel they need that part that makes them feel good about all the bad stuff they thun did and if you feel like Iyanna is the light that's at the end of your tunnel then go for it but just be careful this bussines is still very slipery when it comes to love¨ He commeted at the end. ¨Wise words of Fernando, what would I do without you?¨- ¨Probably be somewhere with a broken heart a bullet to the head and a suit and tie that doesn't match¨ he laughed hysterically.

¨Goodnight Ferenando¨-¨Goodnight and don't call me back unless you're dying¨ he said hanging up the phone, I was at peace after the convo Fernando and I had and I drifted off to sleep...

Authors Note

Wise words indeed I think we can all use a Fernando in our life

anyways guyyssss I've just added in a little sprinkle of the Iyanna and Stefano chapters to come in here get excited