chapter 41

My skin boiled in anger, angry at my self that I let this happen, that I let Veronica come back here.

I pushed open the doors feeling steam come off my body.

"Kid-"

"Dont" I said as I angrily walked pass him.

I went back down to the mat to get the rest of my things.

"Hey ready for another round" Veronica spoke tugging on my arm.

I grabbed her and pushed her against the wall wrapping my hand so tight around her throat if I squeezed anymore I'd snap it.

"Don't touch me" I said with my jaw clenched tight.

She gasped for air and swatted at my hand.

And for a moment just a moment, I thought about not letting go I thought about holding it there a couple more seconds and watching the life drain out of her eyes.

But I didn't.

I let go of her.

Because I have no one to blame and be upset with but my self.

I walked into the my locker and punched the locker with everything I had in me.

I lost the one thing that made me feel better about my shitty life the one thing that gave me purpose after my father died and the worst part was it felt for good this time.

I needed space and air before I hurt something shoot something break something.

I headed back to the apartment knowing Iyanna wasn't going to be there but was hoping she would.

I walked in and there was her key sitting on the counter. It was like a wound that was getting deeper and deeper.

I opened the cabinets and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and began to chug it.

I just wanted to feel numb.

It wasn't working though, everything around me reminds me of her.

I needed to let this stress out, i needed to get out the apartment , so I headed back to the training room and trained alone .

No one was there it was just me and a punching bag that is until I heard the door open.

I pulled out my gun and placed it straight at the door which Veronica stood in.

But I didn't care my gun still stayed pointed at her.

"Ease up" she said putting her hands up in surrender.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you?"

"I just want to talk"

I pulled my finger closer to the trigger as I was so close to pulling it , her eyes widened at the sight of how close my finger had gotten to the trigger.

"Please" she said with wide eyes walking up to me.

She placed her hand on the gun pushing it down and letting out a breath when I lowered it.

"What's your problem Stefano-"

"My problem is you, you come here and you just act like we are still a thing you fucked up my marriage before I even got the chance to enjoy it"

I said pointing my finger at her with clenched teeth.

"We both know that's not true Stefano, i'm not the problem here" I glanced at her.

"It's you, it's you and how you lie to your self to Iyanna"

"Tell me, how much of the truth did you tell Iyanna about us?"

"Did you tell her that when we became of age you were supposed to propose to me and we were supposed to get married, the two most powerful families brought together huh?"

She yelled in anger as she pushed me.

"Did you tell her how we laid in bed at night and look up at the sky light, how we talked about our future, the future of this business the future you wanted to show your papa?"

She continued to push me but I grabbed her hand.

"Enough" I said in a stern voice.

"No" she pulled from my grip and stepped back tears coming down her face.

"Because you say i'm to blame here but really it's you"

"You don't know what it feels like to watch someone be in as love with you as I were or to see you look at her with complete lust in your eyes the way you once looked at me"

"The feeling of knowing that last night was our last together in that bed"

"Veronica that was in the past"

"Yes your right Stefano it was but I want you to look at me right now and say you still don't love me"

For what seemed like forever, we stood there in silence eye too eye.

Everything Veronica said was true her and I had our own story before I became mafia leader, we had our own hopes and dreams.

Getting married and combing two of the strongest families together was our dream.

A dream I wished for more than anything, a dream that I got up one day and left behind.

She had every right to be mad and hate me.

I couldn't contain myself anymore I kissed her as I felt both of us ease up.

I wasn't worried about anything else but that moment feeling Veronica lips against mine.

We continued to kiss as I picked her up, her legs wrapping around my hips before laying her down on the mat.

I've been lying to myself and Iyanna I did still love Veronica and at this moment all I wanted to do was be close to her.

She took off my belt and I popped the buttons off her shirt.

What was I doing ....