78

"I felt the same when I first had to leave."

I snorted .

"Yea but yours was fully your choice , you cheated , dad didn't like that so he sent you away. Or so you say." She began walking over to me.

"No, that's the story I told you because the truth of letting this business take me from you would only devastate you more."

I now had an eyebrow raised as she sat on the couch across from me.

"I didn't have an affair with Alejandro. Your father had found out he was in with the cartel in Costa Rica and wanted me to get closer to figure out just how deep in he was. So I played my part until they sent his head to me in a box. Alfonso knew they would come for me and eventually you.

I no longer made it safe for you and that broke my heart. He sent me away because it was the only way I knew they wouldn't even come near you. I only had seen you once before now after leaving.

It was at your fathers funeral. And you were so sad Stefano and my heart hurt for you so much. But after being gone already for so many years I didn't know what to say or if I could say anything.

So I walked away."

"I never told you because I felt you could never forgive me for letting the mess of this business take me from you."

Her story had to much compassion in it to be a lie.

"But looking back at it I never failed you or Alfonso. I did the one thing every mother would do.

I protected the ones I loved even if I couldn't be around them."

"But mom I was at least two when you left, Iyanna hasn't even given birth and I'm leaving her. She's right I'm selfish.

When Ruiz attacked the first time we should of left .

Hell , after Ricky we should of left."

"It is not in your nature to run my boy and that's okay but this is bigger then you and Iyanna. I only ask that you don't do what I did."

With that she walked back to the kitchen to continue cooking.

I let out a breath letting my head lean back on the arm of the couch one finale time before I began removing the machinery from me.

"What are you doing?"

"My wife currently hates me , I think I've gotten all the rest I needed." I said with a grunt as I placed my feet on the floor.

The stretching of my body standing up made my lower back and abdomen ache.

"Be careful , she's a feisty one." Alissa spoke continuing to cut vegetables.

I walked up the stairs and creeped in our bedroom to see Iyanna with her back towards me and her shirt pulled up. She ran her finger across her belly and over her scar.

I came up behind her and placed my hand on her stomach and ran my thumb over her scar.

"Does it still hurt?"

She shook her head no.

"Only the memory of it."

We stayed still for awhile longer and I held her close to me and spoke into her ear.

"I'm not abandoning you Iyanna , I could never and I would never. I'm gonna come back for you, you know that."

"No Stefano." She spoke turning to me and pulling her shirt down.

"I don't know that and neither do you." She spoke sitting on the bed .

"Don't you see how you almost died two nights ago ?

Stef if you actually die I-."

"Hey that's not gonna, I'm not going to let it.

This is bigger then us and I see that now so no more.

I'm done fighting, I just want you and our daughter safe and I want to be there for both of y'all."

Her mood was a little lighter then when I first came in the room.

We both sat on the bed as her Afro was so big it nearly covered her face.

I brushed it to the side and it fell right back down making us giggle.

"Iyanna I love you and I don't want us to fight anymore I want us to be on the same page with everything."

She shook her head in agreement and I grabbed her hand because there was just one thing I couldn't let up on.

"With that I still think it's best if you go away for a few days just until I can at least see if I can talk to Ruiz. He's a slippery guy and I don't want him using you or the baby as leverage. I promise I will join  you right after not a second later ."

I held my breath for her response, I have been tortured and wasn't afraid but Iyanna's lash out moment's especially while being pregnant I never knew what could come.

She let out a deep sigh but shook her head .

"Okay." I then let out a even deeper sigh  of relief.

I stretched across the end of the bed laying on my back.

"Your off all the machines." She said pointing and tilting her head to me with surprise.

"I am."

"Was it doctors orders?"

"Na , more of my wife told me she hated me and I didn't wanna lose my marriage orders."

She put her head down.

"Sorry."

"Don't be I hate me too."

"But I don't hate you I fucking love you . I just hate how you scare me with your actions and decisions."

"Ever since you started carrying our daughter you have became a real potty mouth , is that gonna rub off on her?" She smiled making me smile.

"I don't hate you."

"Can I get a kiss then?" I said with a devious smirk.

She laughed getting up.

"I'm already carrying your kid remember."

I grabbed her wrist as she walked passed.

"Think you got room for one more?"

"Dinners ready ! And Stef try to have any sex with those stitches , I will let you bleed out when they tear."

Iyanna and I just both looked at each other mouth open in shock and then soon being consumed by laughter .