Chapter 70

"Alright you're going to feel a bit of pressure just tryna locate the baby" The doctor spoke while placing jelly on Iyanna stomach and moving it around with a stick that was connected to a screen.

I sat in the chair beside an anxious Iyanna and held her hand.

"Okay I take it your here to find out the gender?"

"Yes," Iyanna bolted out

The doctor swirled her hand with this stick on Iyanna stomach while looking at the screen.

"Here's the baby and it's heart beat and it looks like you are having ......"

The nursed dragged her words, Iyanna squeezed my hand eagerly waiting.

The nurse looked at us in awe.

"It's going to be a baby girl"

Iyanna looked at with a wide smile and tears filling her eyes.

"It's a girl"  she whimpered.

Wow a daughter.

"Mom I do wanna say that I am noticing the baby head pushing down going into six months and it's still a little to early for that so I just advice you take it easy and avoid any stress" She said smiling before leaving the room.

The room fell silent for a few before Iyanna sat up and spoke.

"Letting your mother in was dangerous on my part but i'm not sorry for it"

"You seriously wanna do this now, here?"

"Yes" She snapped but quickly took a breath calming her self down.

"You need this Stefano, you deserve this,"

"How did you even know she was my mom, she could of been a stranger posing sent to kill us "

She chuckled.

"When I opened the door I seen you just with longer jet black hair and feminine features it was enough to make me almost ask was you dressed as a women, but when she said she was your mother I understood."

"Surprised because well she's been gone for years but I knew"

"Plus, I just had an instinct"

"Look-"

"I'll talk to her" I cut in on Iyanna.

"I'm sorry what?" Iyanna spoke, her face puzzled.

"She's my mother there's no denying that, plus we're long overdue for a conversation".

I stood up and helped Iyanna get down off the chair she was laid in during her ultrasound.

"Come on princess let's go home" I said opening the door as Iyanna walked out.

She had a wide smile on her face.

"I was talking to the baby" I said laughing as I seen the smile come off Iyanna's face followed by an eye roll.

********************************

*Knock* Knock*

I took a deep breath, and boy did I hold on to that breath like it was the last one I would ever inhale again.

I opened the door and my eyes met with my mothers.

She walked in and I closed the door behind her.

"I'm happy you had a change of heart and decided you wanted to speak to me". she spoke walking over to the couch.

"I like to say my wife is good at opening my eyes to the bigger picture"

She sat with a smirk that soon stretched into a smile.

"Your wife"

"I missed so much, you grew up so fast, I mean your married and expecting a child". She rambled.

"Maybe if you didn't leave you wouldn't of had missed out on anything"

She looked at me a wave of hurt and pain crossed her face.

"I never left you, I loved you, it was your father who got rid of me"

I raised an eyebrow.

"After you were born you father and I grew apart, he sometimes wouldn't even come home" .

"I was in a marriage and felt single, I was lonely."

"One day I went to the bar just to get some fresh air while you were with your grandmother."

"I met this guy everything about him was charming even down to his name."

"We started off as casual friends but we soon grew closer to each other, he reminded me of what it felt like to laugh and be happy."

"Soon I became pregnant again, I didn't know what to do I loved Alfonso but I felt we were no longer for each other"

"I went out that day and when I came back the pregnancy test was on the island along with an empty bottle of liquor"

"He was angry but so was I, he asked and I told him everything."

"That's when he did the one thing that would hurt me forever, he shipped me off like I was some package, he took me away from you"

"He must of slipped something in my drink because when I woke up I was in another state with no phone no money no way back home"

"He took me away from you for his on selfish bitter ways and some how turned it into me being the one who walked out on you"

"I ended up having a miscarriage 2 weeks later."

My face was just stuck, not stuck in a way of sadness or sympathy for her but in a way of  the audacity she had to tell this story as if it was supposed to make up for everything.

"Yea no there is no way you are telling me that the reason you were out of my life for 21 years was because of a cheating scandal."

I said walking away from her.

"We're done here"

"Besides you couldn't of been too heartbroken about loosing me, you turned around and had Cassie no later than 4 years after."

"You have no Idea, the hurt, the pain I endured from your father and from loosing you and from being on my own." She stood yelling tears streaming down her face.

I turned back to her and walked closely up to her.

"I suggest you lower your voice and my wife is upstairs sleeping".

I know a liar when I see one and she is definitely one, everything she just said and did was fake and a lie even down to her tears.

I don't know where Alissa was those years and honestly I don't care.

"Time to go" I said holding the door open as she walked out........