74

Stefano laid on our kitchen counter his once white button up was colored to the red of perfection only achieved by real blood from the body.

"We have no monitors nothing to keep track of his heart rate o-or pulse, anything can send him into cardiac arrest". Alissa put two fingers on his neck.

"Pulse is weak , I say he has 2 mins to live, 1 if you consist on stating the things that we don't have".

"You know" I started before ripping the rest of Stefano shirt off.

"You really are a bitch". She smiled at me very widely.

"You and Stef can cry about it together when he wakes up".

I continued to sterilize and prep to make the first incision on Stefano.

My heart was in my throat, I knew babygirl could feel everything was wrong she moved the whole time with sharp turns.

Before I started Alissa grabbed my arm making my attention direct to her.

"He's going to be fine because he believes that you can do this job without a hospital and if he has that much faith in you I'm sure it's because their is great reassurance behind it". She let go of me and went upstairs.

I don't know if that was suppose to be a threat or reassurance that I would be fine but I wasn't going to spend any extra time trying to figure it out.

My hands were now stained that perfect shade of red even on my dark skin the color of blood is Rich in reflection as if on a white background .

The bullets had been removed and Stefano was bandaged up to our house hold hospital best ability.

I went upstairs to wash my hands and caught Alissa staring at pictures in the hallway.

"How is he?" She asked without looking up from the pictures.

"Bullets are out and he's still breathing I won't really know his condition until he wakes up".

I washed my hands and went over to see the pictures that she couldn't take her eyes off.

They were all of Stefano and I through the years.

"That smile". She said holding one of the pictures.

"I see he does a lot of that with you". I smile.

"When we first started dating he told me I was his light at the end of the tunnel, his angel that made him feel less sinful". Alissa cleared her throat and put the image down.

I noticed her leg was dripping blood.

"Do you want me to tend to that leg?"

"oh no" She said tightening the towel that had already been tied on there.

"I'm sure Stefano will just put another hole in it".

"I'm sorry, did you say Stefano shot you?" I was puzzled, yes Stef may not like his mother but to shoot her I guess the hate really runs deep.

"Before they assassinated my daughter right in front of my son and I, me and Stefano were having a little chat" Alissa moaned and groaned as she grabbed her leaking leg sitting down in a chair by the bedroom.

I grabbed some bandages and medical tape untying what had been tied to keep the blood from oozing out more than it already was.

"Yea, what was the conversation about that made him shoot you in the leg?"

"The death of his father".

I shot Alissa a glare. Stefano has always been aggressive when it came to his father's death who could blame him.