76.

Alissa was still talking but I zoned out looking at Stefano. He was hurt so bad , it wasn't the first time and I knew it wouldn't be the last but it still made me sad every time I seen him in such situations.

"Hey." She caught my attention.

"You can't sit here and let your mind crumble you , you don't have time to feel sad or mad over what happened to Stefano."

I rolled my eyes .

"I see where he gets his pushy attitude from". I mumbled looking down at a sleeping Stefano.

His skin so cold and so pale.

"I wanna take him to a hospital , I need to take him to a hospital."

"Iyanna that's not what he wants, you kno-."

"I know that my husband is a stubborn man and 90% of the time what he says go but I also know that he married me because I'm going to always put his best interest first even when he doesn't."

"Now he needs a hospital."

I looked back down at him as I only grew more concerned on his health.

Alissa rolled her eyes before getting up and walking over to the kitchen to grab the phone off the counter.

"What are you doing?"  I asked looking at her attentively.
She held the phone to her ear.

"I agree that Stefano needs proper health care , but he's not going to get it from a hospital."

She turned her back  and continued her conversation before hanging up and turning back towards me.

"Okay here's the plan, Stefano's too beat up and your too pregnant to try and get him somewhere. So I have someone coming over to help here."

"Who?" My eyebrow arched .

"A friend."

"Didn't think you had those."

"Hmph." She clenched.

"You don't seem pretty upset that your daughter was just murdered in front of you guess Stefano really is your favorite." I don't know what fueled me to say that but I did.

She strut slowly towards me.

"Is it because I'm not bursting into tears huddled up wishing I were dead too? Sorry Iyanna I know your used to causing a seen like that and then waiting for your Prince Charming to make you feel better.

But over here I don't have time like that if, I sat down and really let it sink in that my only daughter died and I couldn't do anything to prevent it or stop it your kid would be fatherless."

After that there was silence before she looked into my eyes one last time and then walked to the kitchen.

I sat wit Stefano, staying calm enough because of the baby. But still very worried about his stability . I just graduated and had never practice surgery on someone.

With that came a knock at the door.

"Who is that ?"

"You talk too much." She muttered away to the door.

The door open and a guy with a fairly amount of equipment walked in.

"Where is he?".

"Couch." Alissa pointed.

He walked over quickly and grabbed Stefano face pulling his eye lids up and shining a bright light to them.

I pushed his hand back and pulled Stefano to me.