Chapter 36

I woke up to see Iyanna sleep in a chair beside me I smiled.

Fernando came in closing the door quietly.

"Hey kid how you feeling?" he said in a whisper seeing Iyanna was sleep.

"Like I was kicked down a hill and then hit in the head with a rock" I said whispering back.

"How long has she been here"

"Since the sunrise, she said she couldn't sleep and wanted to stay by you to make sure you were okay"

"Any word on who sent the package?"

"Nothing yet"

Iyanna began to move.

"Hey baby" I said in a low voice as she opened her eyes.

"I'll get you a coffee you like half and half?"

Iyanna shook her head yes.

"I'm sorry that I got mad at you yesterday just seeing you in a situation where you could of died scared me it was a feeling that made me sick to my stomach"

I knew the feeling she was talking about, that's the same feeling I got when I found her cold on the ground.

"I promise you that after our wedding we will get a way from all of this and go on a peaceful honeymoon trip"

I said as we both smiled.

The door opened and the same nurse from yesterday walked in.

"Good morning Mr.Casanova" the nurse spoke with flirtation in her voice and Iyanna face immediately squinted up as her head  went to the side.

"Oh i'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you while you had a visitor is this a relative of yours?"

"More like his fiancée"

she said placing her hand that had the ring on it on top of mine and doing a smile that you don't ever want to see another female give to another female.

"My apologies, Mr Casanova the doctor will be in shorty to talk to you" she said with fear present in her voice and closing the door.

Iyanna rolled her eyes before looking back at me.

I was in shock.

"What" she said with some of the left over attitude she had for the nurse coming out.

"Nothing, you just took me by surprise that's all"

she rolled her eyes again.

"Just seems like some people need to learn some respect" she says with a smile.

Fernando came back with the coffee and with him came his wife.

"My dear Stefano" she said coming over and placing a kiss on my cheek"

Her and Iyanna headed out the room just leaving me and Fernando.

"I don't know why we aren't out looking for Ricky he clearly had something to do with this"

I said with frustration.

"We don't know that yet, we have other enemies out there"

"Non have tried to kill me before and Ricky has now twice"

"We will figure this out but you, you are in bed rest"

"No way"  I said in anger.

"This is not the time to be resting when I just almost died and the person who did it is still out there"

"You have broken ribs one good jab and your down"

"Let us handle this you can enjoy some time with your Fiancé"

"Has Dom family came yet" I said with my head down.

"Yes"

"I can't just sit here he deserves a funeral he was a great person he doesn't deserve to go out as a lost soul because he was more than that, I have to say something to his family we have to do something for him"

I said with frustration and sadness.

"We will Stefano, we will" Fernando said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I went to stand and get out of bed and with every move I moaned and groaned in agony.

I needed to get out I couldn't stay in this hospital room no more.

I moved slowly over to the couch in the room where clothes were I began to put on a shirt and then the doctor walked in.

"Sorry to interrupt, umm where are you going?"

"I'm going home" I said as I continued to button up my shirt and groaned in pain when trying to put my pants on.

"Yea by the sound of it you don't need to be going nowhere but to the bed to rest" he said with concern.

"I'm fine I will like to rest in my own bed with my fiancé I'm pretty sure you can release me to bed rest at my own home"

The doctor stood quiet for a while before opening the door. "Alright then let me go get those release papers for you then"

Right after the doctor left I finished getting dressed to the best of my ability and I went out to the waiting room where I seen Dom sister and mom In tears.

Iyanna Fernando and his wife were all there too, but at that moment it was just me and them, it was like the whole room fell completely silent.

I walked up to Dom sister and I pulled her into the biggest tightest hug, and she squeezed back, the pain was unbearable but it was nothing worst then what they were feeling.

"His name will not go out in vain, you hear me" I whispered into her ear.

"I will fine the bastard who did this and he will be kilt first hand " I said pulling back and looking at his mom and sister.

I stumbled back a little from the pain but Fernando caught me and held me up.

"Easy there kiddo"

Fernando walked me out the hospital to the car with Iyanna by my side , but I couldn't shake the look that were on Dom sister and mom face, the hurt , the pain , the devastation.

I kept replaying there faces over and over again.

I held Iyanna's hand home the whole entire ride as tight as I could, If I ever had to go through that pain and have that look of devastation on my face I would be sorry for the person who caused it because they were going to have a date with the devil....