Chapter 49

Iyanna pov

I woke up with the sheets draped over, I rubbed my eyes and when I placed my hand down I didn't feel Stefano next to me, but I heard a loud grunting noise out in the distance.

I got up with the sheets still wrapped around me and I saw Stefano training with a knife and a punching bag, he was inside a training room that I didn't even know he had connected to this.

¨What are you doing?¨ I asked as I stood off in the distance. 

He stuck the knife into the punching bag before coming over to me and placing a kiss on my forehead.

¨Just getting a little early morning warm-up in¨

¨how did you sleep?¨ he asked as he grabbed a towel to dry his sweaty body.

¨didn't  get much sleep at all¨ 

¨Oh really, sorry to hear that, I wonder why¨ He said looking at me with a smirk.

¨Here put these on?¨" he said throwing me a pair of leggings and a tank top.

I put them on and then went back over into the training room where he was.

¨so how long are we staying here?¨

¨3 months give or take, it all depends on you¨ I was confused about the words that just had left his mouth.

¨Im sorry I'm going to need a little more information, how does it all depend on me?¨

I said looking at him arms folded as he had his back turned to me.

He let out a breath before turning around to look at me.

That breath meant there was way more to this trip than just a honeymoon.

¨Okay yes this is meant to be a honeymoon a time for us to relax and enjoy one another but I also brought you here because its time for you to train¨

¨Train?, Train for what?¨  I asked confused.

¨You are my wife you take after my last name and this business and with that, you gain all of the enemies and crappy shit that comes with the job, your a casanova, and I don't know if you've noticed but we are not the most liked Mafia family around¨

¨This is your life now, I gotta prepare you for it¨ He said throwing me a stick, I wasn't mad at him I understood him, this is the life I signed up for, the good the bad, and the ugly.

¨On this mat I'm not your husband or the person you fell in love with, I'm the person that you should fear that's going to take your life because if I see the opportunity to end your life, I'm not going to hesitate and neither should you¨

These words left a chill coming down my spine, it was like we were strangers training to fight.

¨Today we are going to practice basic combat easy fighting steps, you ready?¨ he said looking at me and I swallowed hard, he scared me. 

I shook my head yes slowly and we began.

Each time he knocked me down to the ground.

Each time I groaned in pain hitting the mat, but he didnt care.

¨You know part of me thinks you want me to kill you¨ he said bending on the ground where I was.

¨Your holding back your not putting your full potential against me¨

¨Rule number one, lose all emotion when fighting, emotion clouds judgment¨

He said walking away.

¨You know, believe it or not, I'm going easy on you too, but that's going to change, now get up¨

Pure darkness entered his eyes, I was convinced he was going to attack with everything he got, there was no more loving caring Stefano.

I got up and gave it everything I got, and surprisingly I got him down to the ground, but that was because I was angry.

I hovered over him my knee is his chest and the stick at his throat.

¨see that, that anger in your eyes that's the only emotion you should  feel when attacking your enemy¨

¨But still you failed not to hesitate¨ he said flipping me over putting his knee on my throat.

I pushed him off of me and I walked away to get in the shower.

Stefano's Pov

It hurt me that I had to hurt Iyanna especially every time I heard her groan in pain because I threw her to the ground but this was the only way, this was how Fernando trained me, he wasn't my caretaker anymore he wasn't the person that I knew to be loving he was my worst enemy on the mat.

I couldn't go easy on her because I knew they wouldn't go easy on her.

I was going to do everything I could to prepare her for the war that Ricky was bringing to us, even if that meant she had to hate me awhile for it, at least I would know she would be able to protect herself.

Anger boiled in her eyes when she got me down but yet they still went soft seeing me down, she was a fast learner  I wasn't worried about her picking up the skill I was worried that she wasn't going to be able to take a life and if she didn't then they would take hers. 

She got up and went to the shower, I didn't go behind her I stayed outside and watch the sun go down. 

Tomorrow would be better.....