Two

"Well, she doesn't have anoxia, chronic renal failure or acidosis. It's not a tumour because her CT's clean. Are you seriously not going to tell me why you won't work with Shepherd?" Cristina looked between Meredith and Erin. The three of them were in the library doing research.

"It's not my thing but sister code," Erin shrugged.

"Meredith?" Cristina asked.

"No. What about infection?" Meredith said.

"No. There's no white count, she has no ceteal lesions, no fevers, nothing in her spinal tap, just tell me," Cristina said.

"You can't comment, make a face, or react in any way. We had sex," Meredith said. Cristina's mouth dropped open. Her mouth closed and she nodded.

"What about an aneurysm?" she said. Erin snorted.

"No blood on the CT, and no headaches," Erin said.

"Okay. There's no drug use, uh, no pregnancy, no trauma...was he good? I mean, he looks like he would be, was it any good?" Cristina asked. Meredith rolled her eyes.

"What are the answers? What if no one comes up with anything?" Meredith asked.

"You mean if she dies?" Cristina asked.

"Yeah," Meredith said.

"This is gonna sound really bad, but I really wanted that surgery," Cristina sighed.

"She's just never going to get the chance to turn into a person. The sum total of her existence will be almost winning Miss Teen whatever. You know what her pageant talent is?" Meredith said.

"They have talent?" Cristina scoffed.

"Barely," Erin said.

"Rhythmic gymnastics," Meredith said. The three women laughed.

"Oh, come on," Cristina said.

"What is rhythmic gymnastics? I don't know - I can't even say it, I don't know what it is," Meredith said.

"Isn't it like something with a ball, and a-" Cristina stopped, realising Meredith had gone still. "What? Meredith, what?" Cristina said.

"Mer?" Erin said.

"Get up! Come on!" Meredith grabbed Erin and Cristina and yanked them to their feet. Erin barely dodged hitting her head on a bookshelf.

"You need to stop trying to hit my head!" Erin cried.

"You need to stop hitting it!" Meredith said back. "Just come on," Meredith cried.

"The only thing she could possibly need is a-" Cristina cut herself off as they saw Derek getting in the elevator. They ran over. "Oh, oh, Dr. Shephard! Just one moment, um, uh, Katie competes in beauty pageants-"

"I know that, but we have to save her life anyway," Derek rolled her eyes, putting his hand out to stop the door from closing.

"Okay, she has no headaches, no neck pain, her CT's clean, there's no medical proof of an aneurysm-" Cristina said.

"Right," Derek said.

"-But what if she has an aneurysm anyway?" Cristina asked.

"There are no indicators," Derek said.

"Ah, but she twisted her ankle, a few weeks ago when she was practising for the pageant-" Cristina said.

"Look, I appreciate you're trying to help, but-" Derek held the door again.