Sixty nine

•legit had the day from hell so hopefully this will cheer us all up... erizona coming within the next few chapters my people don't worry😂

————————————————

"Hi, mama," Arizona smiled at Erin as she wheeled the baby's cot into the hospital room.

"Hi," Erin smiled tiredly at her. "Can I have him?" she asked.

"He's all yours," Arizona said. She lifted him out of the crib and put him gently in Erin's arms.

Erin stared down at her son, feeling tears fill in her eyes.

"He's so beautiful," Erin whispered, stroking her finger across his cheek. He opened his mouth and Erin traced his chin. She looked back up at Arizona, who blinked and turned away to hide the tears in her eyes at witnessing such a private moment between a mother and her child.

"He'll be hungry soon. Are you still trying breast first?" Arizona said.

"Yeah," Erin said. She looked back down at the baby. "I made this," she said.

"You did," Arizona chuckled. "He's all yours," she said.

"That's terrifying," Erin's face went pale as she looked at Arizona. "He's mine," she said.

"He is," Arizona nodded confusedly.

"He's mine," Erin whispered in horror. "I have a kid. Oh my god, my kid is going to turn out exactly like me and is going to resent me because the only mother I have to look up to is Ellis freakin' Grey and she should not be my example going into this. Oh my god, what did I do?" Erin cried.

"Erin, it's okay," Arizona said quickly, stepping to her side. "It's all gonna be okay. You don't have Ellis as your only example. You have Meredith. She raised you. And you have Callie, too. She's a new mom, so she's probably feeling a bit scared too. It's gonna be okay. We can do this. You have a village to help you," Arizona said.

"I am gonna be a terrible mother and my kid is going to hate me," Erin pouted, leaning back against the pillows. "What did I do?" she asked miserably.

"Hey," Arizona said, pointing at her. Erin raised her eyebrows. "You are going to be a wonderful mother and you know why?" she said.

"Why?" Erin mumbled.

"Because you are so worried about how he's gonna turn out already. Do you think a bad mom would care how her kids turn out? I don't. So, that makes you a pretty good mom already. And you're gonna make mistakes, Erin, but that doesn't mean you're a bad mom or that he's gonna hate you," Arizona said.

"I guess," Erin looked down at him. "He's just so perfect. I don't want to hurt him more than the world already will," she said.

"That makes you a good mom. You're gonna do everything you can to make sure that you don't hurt him. I know you will, 'cause that's the kind of person you are. You do the most for the people you love and it's not gonna be any different with this little one. If anything, you'll do more," Arizona said.

"You think?" Erin sniffed.

"I know," Arizona said. She wrapped her arm around Erin's shoulders and kissed her forehead. "I know," she said again.

"Thank you," Erin leaned her head against Arizona's cheek, closing her eyes as she just let Arizona hold her for a few seconds.

"I got you, baby Grey," Arizona reminded her.

"I know," Erin said.

"You up for any visitors?" Meredith smiled as she knocked on Erin's door a few hours later.