Twenty four

•descriptions of abuse at the end of the chapter. do not read if you don't feel comfortable. please seek help if you are experiencing something similar•

"It's your favourite intern-" Erin cut herself off as she walked into the NICU, seeing Addison talking to a man. Erin recognised him immediately. It was her father.

"Oh! Erin, I wasn't expecting you so soon," Addison said, eyes wide as she looked between Thatcher and Erin. He looked up from baby Laura and frowned.

"You look familiar," he said.

"Yeah, I am your daughter. Though, I suppose I've changed over the twenty years, right?" Erin said sarcastically. His face drained.

"Excuse me," he said. He brushed past her in his escape and Erin watched him hurry down the hall.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine," Erin cut Addison off. "What am I doing today?" she said. Addison handed her a stack of charts.

"You can do the charts for tomorrow's surgical patient. I know you like charts because they help you think," she said. Erin nodded and headed to the nurses desk to do the charts.

She grabbed her pager and paged Meredith. She waited for five minutes before Meredith jogged over to her.

"You okay?" she said.

"So, our ex-father is here with Laura. Susan and Molly have the flu, according to her chart," Erin said. She raised her eyebrows.

"What?" she said.

"Yep. He said I looked familiar and I said well, yeah, I am your daughter, though I suppose twenty years apart gives us all room to change. He left," Erin said. Meredith scoffed.

"What a dick. If he says anything-"

"I'll tell you, I know the drill," Erin chimed.

"Good. You okay?" Meredith asked. Erin nodded. "You sure?" she asked. Erin nodded again. Meredith raised her eyebrows and Erin sighed.

"It's weird. It's weird them being here. Why couldn't we have stayed in Boston away from this replacement family that keeps popping up everywhere? I hate it. I can't even be comfortable in my hospital and I'm stuck here because of the surgery so it's not like I can even run away from the babies. I don't want to run away from the babies, because they're cute. I want to run away from my ex-dad because he's a dick," Erin said. Meredith leaned over the desk and hugged Erin.

"I have to get back to George's dad but if he says anything or looks at you or asks anyone about you, tell me and I'll tell him to back off. If he has to mess with us, he'll mess with me," she said. Erin nodded and sighed again.

"Thank you," she said. Meredith kissed her cheek and waved, heading down the hallway.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Addison asked, putting a cup of coffee in front of Erin.

"Keep me away from him and I will be," Erin took a sip. "Thanks," she said. Addison smiled slightly.

"Figured we could use some juju," she said. Erin took another sip.

"Gonna need a hell ton of juju to deal with my ex-dad, Addie," Erin said. Addison laughed.

"Just focus on your charts and I will keep him far away," she said. Erin nodded and watched her walk away.

"Erin!" Meredith pushed Erin's bedroom door open. Rob groaned, pulling the sheets over his bare ass. Erin looked at her sister.

"Kind of busy having sex?" Erin said.