Eighty

"There you are. I've been wondering when you'd come and visit me," Mark grinned as Erin stepped into his room in the ICU.

"I heard you were having a surge," Erin forced a weak smile.

"Don't be like that. Come and sit. I want to talk to you," he said, patting his bed. She sighed and walked over, sitting down on the side of his bed. "Now, I want you to know a few things," he said.

"Don't do this. Don't do your final last words before you die so I get some closure. Don't die," Erin scoffed.

"Erin," Mark gave her a look that told her to give him what he wanted. She sighed and nodded.

"Go ahead. Give me my closure," she said.

"Thank you. You can't fight with a sick man," he said.

"No, not really," she said.

"So," he started. "I wanted to ask how you were," he said.

"I'm fine. Getting ready for Archie's first birthday. Arizona and I were gonna do a safari jungle themed but we've decided that we're just gonna do something small, considering there's barely any of us left to celebrate," Erin mumbled.

"Well, Derek and Meredith are staying, aren't they? And Callie, and Arizona-"

"Arizona is going to lose her leg and doesn't want anyone to see her the way she is," Erin raised her eyebrows. "I mean, I don't think any different of her if she has one or two or seven legs. I'm just trying to be a good girlfriend and-"

"Erin, I know all about Arizona. How are you? Tell me the truth," he said. Erin shrugged.

"I'm okay," she said.

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows. Erin looked at her lap and shook her head.

"No. Not really. I, uh, I did want to show you something," she said. She pulled her sleeve up, showing Mark the small tattoo she'd gotten beside Quinn's tattoo on her wrist. It was a small L with an angel wing on either side.

"Oh," he whispered. He reached out, brushing his thumb over it. "It's beautiful," he looked up at her with teary eyes.

"I know. I made Alex come with me. He held my hand the entire time. You're the first person I've told, other than him," she said. He smiled weakly.

"She loved you. You were her favourite sister. Don't tell Meredith," Mark said. Erin chuckled, wiping the tears on her cheeks.

"She loved you, more than anybody else. I'm sorry," she said, voice thick.

"Don't be sorry," Mark shook his head. "I'm gonna see her soon. I'll look after her," he said.

"Thank you," Erin squeezed his hand.

"You look after Robbins, Avery and Derek for me, alright?" he said.

"I will," Erin promised.

"And my girls. I know my girls are gonna need you," he said.

"I know," Erin smiled. "I will, Mark. Don't worry. You just look after Lexie for me, okay?" Erin said.

"I will. I promise," he nodded. She squeezed his hand, standing up and kissing his cheek. "You should be the one to call Addison. I need you to be the one to tell her. If it comes from Derek..." he trailed off. Erin nodded slowly.

"I will. But not yet," she said.

"No. Wait until I'm gone," he said. She nodded.

"I will," she said.