Eighty five

"Merry Christmas!" Meredith shouted over the Christmas music as she, Derek and Zola walked into the house. Alex was playing trains with Sofia and Archie in the living room while Jackson and Callie tried to build the train track Archie had got. Arizona was in the kitchen with April and Erin, the three of them trying to cook, while Cristina got drunk and laughed at their failures.

"Merry Christmas!" Erin called.

"This house is chaotic," Derek chuckled, walking into the kitchen. "I love it," he said.

"Me, too," Erin smiled widely. "Feels good to have everybody back. We miss you guys living here," she said. Meredith smiled and hugged her sister.

"I'll come for a sleepover soon," she said.

"Good," Erin laughed.

"I am exhausted," Erin groaned, sitting on the couch beside Meredith once they'd put the kids to bed. They'd decided that everybody would just crash at their place, considering most were too drunk to drive.

Meredith and Derek were taking Alex's bed for the night, while Alex was going to sleep in the study with Jackson and April. Callie and Sofia had decided to get in Cristina's bed with her and Erin and Arizona had been lucky enough to keep their own bed, due to Meredith insisting.

"There's still a present under the tree," Meredith said. The chatter in the room fell quiet and Arizona got up from the other couch, grabbing the present.

It was a small box wrapped in light blue snowflake wrapping paper.

"It's for you," she said, handing it to Erin. She took it curiously, unwrapping the box.

Inside was a glass bauble with Quinn painted on it in pale pink lettering. There were white feathers inside and Erin felt tears well up in her eyes.

"It's beautiful," she whispered.

"Archie didn't get to meet her and neither did a lot of us, but that doesn't mean she isn't part of our family. I know you hate holidays, too, but I figured that she should get to be a part of this," Arizona said. Erin stood up and put the bauble on the tree, smiling as it glittered in the Christmas lights.

"It's beautiful. Thank you," Erin whispered, pulling Arizona into a hug and kissing her softly.

"I love you," Arizona smiled against her lips.

"I love you, more," Erin said.

"Hey," Arizona stepped into hers and Erin's room after she'd put Archie to bed. They were both in their Christmas pyjamas, matching navy blue reindeer ones that Erin and Meredith had bought for everyone at their Christmas celebration.

"Hi," Erin smiled at her girlfriend.

"Come with me," she held her hand out.

"Where? It's almost midnight and we're tipsy," Erin said. Arizona laughed.

"I'm sober. Come with me," she said.

"Where?" Erin said, standing up and taking her hand.

"On an adventure. You'll need your coat," Arizona said.

"Okay," Erin followed Arizona downstairs.

She pulled her coat on, Arizona pulling hers on, and Erin followed Arizona out of the back door.

Erin stopped in her tracks as she looked at the garden.

There were lanterns hung and lit around the garden on wooden posts that hadn't been there the day before. There was a small speaker in the wooden gazebo Derek had built before the crash for the kids. Inside was a Christmas tree, the one from inside, with all of the lights and decorations still on it.