One hundred and twenty

"Alex," Erin gasped, stopping in the hallway with Natalie on her hip. "I need a favour and I need you to keep this quiet because I'm possibly going to have a breakdown and I don't need to have one of those because I have been doing so well at not breaking down over Jesse at any point in our fucked up relationship. So, please be my person and do this for me quietly," Erin ranted.

"What's Jesse done? Am I kicking his ass this time?" Alex said, face hardening.

"His son is here and his sister thinks he'll need an appy," Erin whispered. "His freaking son, Alex. He looks a bit like Archie and he looks around Bailey or Archie's age. I'm freaking the fuck out," Erin whispered.

"Clearly," Alex said. "Okay, I will go and examine the kid. His name?" he said.

"JJ," Erin said.

"Original," Alex muttered. "Okay. You take Nat to daycare, get into your scrubs, have some coffee and then come and find us, okay?" he said.

"I owe you," Erin sighed.

"You're gonna be fine, alright?" Alex squeezed her shoulder.

"Yeah. Fine. Me, fine. Totally. Hundy percent," Erin nodded.

"You know, when you refer to a hundred percent as hundy percent, I worry," Alex said.

"Yeah, you probably should. I'm not a hundy percent fine," Erin sighed, carrying Natalie down the hallway to the daycare.

"You look like you're about to collapse," Amelia eyed Erin as she poured coffee into the cup slowly.

"You remember Jesse?" Erin said.

"Your ex who crapped out on you when you found out you were pregnant? Archie's sperm donor," Amelia said.

"Yeah, him," Erin sighed, slamming the coffee pot down. "His son is here. He might need an appy. His mother and sister are also here and Jesse will be landing from LA any minute. Guess who they bumped into in the lobby? Me. So, guess who might have to be the surgeon operating if Jesse asks me to? Me. And guess who won't be able to say no? Me. Because I have people pleasing issues and male issues, especially issues with men who happen to be my exes because I have really bad taste in men and I'm screwed," Erin ranted.

"Oh, wow, okay. If I didn't know better, I'd offer you some alcohol to calm down but we both know that's not good," Amelia snorted.

"Yeah, I know," Erin groaned, flopping on the couch beside her. Amelia pulled Erin's head onto her lap, starting to play with her hair.

"You, Erin Elizabeth Grey-Robbins, are a superhero. Screw him. If you don't want to do it, have Alex do it. And, hey, if his family say anything, you're the surgeon. You're the badass pediatric and fetal surgeon. You're so close to being certified again and they don't have any idea what they hell they're talking about, so don't let them tear you down. You are an angel. You're my angel, alright? And, somehow, I think you're kind of my person. So, be my person and show them exactly how much better off you are without them," Amelia said.

"You know, I really love you," Erin sighed, closing her eyes as Amelia started braiding her hair out of her face.

"I really love you, too," Amelia laughed, kissing Erin's cheek. "Want some moral support?" she said.

"I'm a big girl. I'm a superhero. I can do it," Erin said. She stood up and brushed her scrubs and doctors coat down. "Okay. I'm good," she said.

"You're a superhero," Amelia nodded.

"Hell yeah I am," Erin said.

She nodded to herself and chugged her coffee, then headed out of the attending's lounge to go and see what was wrong with JJ.