One hundred and thirteen

Owen Hunt:

Amelia's had a bad night, can I drop her at your place to sleep?

Erin Grey:

Of course

Owen Hunt:

20 mins out.

The doorbell rang and Erin waddled down the hallway, opening the door to her sister. She and Owen were stood on the doorstep, Amelia looking worse for wear and Owen in his uniform after getting back from Jordan.

"Your room is made up, or you can get in with me because Arizona is delivering a baby and that means I don't get cuddles tonight," Erin said. Amelia sniffed.

"I'll get in with you," she said.

"Head on up. I'll be up once I've locked the doors," Erin said. Amelia nodded and walked upstairs. Erin looked at Owen. "Bad night? Is she using?" she asked.

"Almost. She had black market oxy. I got her not to take it and I'm gonna get rid of it. I figured she'd need someone familiar and we didn't leave on a good note. Figured she'd find it easier to break down to you than me," Owen said.

"Thank you," Erin said softly. "For being there for her. Really," Erin said.

"Yeah. Congratulations, by the way. Richard said they gave you early maternity leave because it's twins," he said.

"Yeah, girls," Erin nodded, rubbing her stomach. "I should get inside and make sure she's okay," she said.

"Yeah. Thanks, Grey," Owen said. Erin nodded and closed the door, locking it and heading upstairs.

She climbed into bed beside Amelia, wincing as she lay down on her back and the twins started kicking.

"Okay, girls, stop fighting," Erin sighed, rubbing her stomach.

"Can I feel?" Amelia asked.

"Go ahead," Erin nodded. Amelia put her hand on Erin's stomach and smiled when she felt a kick.

"I remember when I felt Cristopher kick. I thought it was a miracle. He didn't have a brain but he could kick," Amelia said softly.

"I remember Quinn kicking. It was the weirdest feeling in the world. I felt like throwing up," Erin said honestly. "These two are kickers, but they aren't on my bladder like Rue was. I guess I've got that to be thankful for," Erin said.

"Twins are cute, though," Amelia sighed, rolling to curl into Erin's side.

"Yeah," Erin agreed, stroking Amelia's hair softly as she turned the lamp off. "Night, Mi," she said.

"Night," Amelia mumbled.

"Hello?" Erin winced through the darkness a few nights later, picking up the call from the unknown number.

"Is this Dr. Erin Grey?" a voice said.

"Yeah?" Erin said.

"Erin, this is San Diego General Hospital. You're listed as an emergency contact for your sister, Meredith Grey. She's been admitted after going into labour," the woman said.

"What?" Erin said, feeling her stomach drop. "Okay, uh, I'll be there as quick as possible," she said.

"Thank you," the woman ended the call. Erin climbed out of bed and started getting changed, praying that Arizona wouldn't wake up.

"What's going on?" Arizona mumbled.

"I have to go," Erin said, pulling a hoodie on as she kissed Arizona's cheek.