Ten

"What's the problem?" Erin walked to the nurses desk where Meredith was stood.

"I've got a patient's son asking for you and Christmas cookies. He met Dr. Erin and she's really young and pretty, apparently," Meredith grinned. Erin laughed and grabbed the basket of Christmas cookies.

"I'll see you later," she said. Meredith pointed at the right room and Erin walked down. She knocked and Jamie's head shot up from where he was drawing a picture for his mom.

"Dr. Erin! Dr. Erin!" he cried, running over. Erin put the basket down and scooped him into a hug.

"Little man!" she said.

"You came. I didn't know," he said.

"Yeah, of course I came. I promised someone Christmas cookies and my big sister told me you'd been so good so I had to come and visit," Erin said. He gasped and pulled her over to Jade, Rob and who must be Penny.

"Mommy, this is Dr. Erin!" he said.

"Hi, I'm Penny," Penny smiled. Erin smiled and held her hand out.

"Dr. Erin Grey but everyone just calls me Erin so I don't feel old," Erin smiled. Penny shook her hand.

"I don't blame you," she said.

"Little man, why don't you go and pick yourself a cookie while I check your mom's chart and see when she can go home?" she said.

"Yeah!" Jamie ran to the basket, Jade going with him. Erin took Penny's charts and flicked through them.

"Okay. Operation two days ago, you've been eating and drinking, bowel movements are normal, everything is looking good. I'll have Dr. Bailey sign off and then I'll have you out of here by the end of the day," she grinned at Penny.

"Thank god. Jamie's been terrified we don't have the Christmas tree up in time," Penny chuckled.

"I'll just go and get this signed and I'll be back," Erin said. They nodded and Erin left the room. "Mermaid, where's Bailey?" she asked.

"She might be doing rounds or in a consult with Dr. Shepherd," Meredith said.

"Thanks, darling," she said.

"Okay, Penny, you're all good to go!" Erin walked into Penny's room.

"Really?" Penny smiled.

"Yeah. I'm discharging you right now. I'd recommend being very careful for the next few days but you and Jamie should be able to get the Christmas tree up in time for Santa to come," she said. Jamie cheered tiredly from where he was curled up on Rob's lap.

"Thank you, Dr. Grey. I mean, Erin," Penny said.

"It's alright," Erin smiled. She got Penny up and made sure she was disconnected from everything. She gave Jamie another cookie and offered them to his mother, aunt and uncle, who all took one on Jamie's insistence. She walked them to the elevator, Jade wheeling Penny in her armchair.

"Uh, Erin?" Rob said.

"Yeah?" Erin smiled at him.

"This is quite forward and you're probably gonna think I'm insane but do you maybe want to grab a drink or go on a date or something?" he rubbed his black hair awkwardly.

"You want to take me on a date?" Erin blinked.

"Uh, yeah, if that's okay with you," Rob said. Erin stared at him with wide eyes.

"I work eighty hour weeks, Rob. You have to understand that, even before we do anything, my job will come first," Erin said.

"And that's cool with me. I run my own business so I get it. Work first. It doesn't have to lead to anything. It can just be drinks and a free dinner for you," he said. She smiled.