Twenty eight

"Cristina hooked up with Colin Marlow," Alex hissed, dropping down at the nurses desk beside Erin. "Oh, and Meredith was looking for you," he said.

"Why?" Erin snapped her eyes up, looking around wildly. "Do we know-"

"No, it's not that," Alex put a hand on Erin's shoulder. "That's gonna be at least four this afternoon. It's not even lunch. It's okay," he said. Erin still didn't relax. "Hey, look, if it goes tits up, I'll kill the guy. Easy," Alex shrugged. Erin looked at him.

"You'll kill him?" she asked.

"Yes," he nodded.

"I think that's a lot," she said. He shrugged.

"Look, I know we aren't actually that close but you're one of my best friends. I care about you and he hurt you. So, it's my job to make you happy. And killing him would make me very happy, so, as my best friend, it's your duty to make me happy and let me kill him," he said. Erin smiled and he grinned back.

"You can kill him if he doesn't get put away. But I'm praying he will," Erin said.

"Yeah, me too. Meredith looked quite serious, though, so you should probably go. She was up with Montgomery," he said. Erin nodded and stood up.

"Thanks, Alex," she said. He smiled and watched her walk to the elevator.

"Got eyes for Erin now?" Mark Sloan peered over the desk. Alex looked up at him and shook his head. "I get it," Mark said.

"Get what?" Alex said.

"Wanting to protect her," he said. Alex shrugged.

"It's Erin. She's Mcbaby. She doesn't deserve any of this and the fact that the little bastard might walk away... We aren't even that close but I'd risk everything to make sure he never touched her again," Alex said.

"You got it bad," Mark said. Alex shook his head.

"I don't like her like that. It's just... It's Erin," Alex said. Mark sighed and put a hand on his shoulder in a rare display of affection.

"I get it. She's Mcbaby. Everyone looks out for her because she's nice to everyone. She's funny, pretty, smart, all the good stuff, and she'll help you if you need it. She's like, an angel," Mark said.

"Yeah, and he hurt her," Alex said.

"Well, Karev, you won't be the only one going after that bastard if he walks free. But, if it's any consolation, I don't think he will," Mark nodded at him, walking away before Alex could answer.

"Hey, Alex said you were looking for me," Erin stopped outside the nurses desk on the peds floor.

"You have visitors," Meredith motioned to the waiting area. Erin looked over and smiled.

"Elise? TJ? What are you guys doing here? You got discharged before I did," Erin walked over. They stood up, TJ holding their daughter in his arms in a bright yellow blanket.

"We wanted to come and let you meet the baby you delivered," Elise smiled.

"Wanna hold her?" TJ grinned.

"You don't mind?" Erin asked, eyes wide. They shook their heads and Erin took the baby from TJ. She was only a week old but she was absolutely stunning. She had black hair, blue eyes and freckles on her chubby cheeks. She looked like a doll and Erin cooed, stroking her cheek. "Does she have a name?" she asked.

"Yeah," TJ was practically bouncing up and down.

"This is Erin Grace Waterstone," Elise said. Erin's mouth dropped open. "Erin, after you, and Grace is the closest we could get to Grey. We thought that our daughter should be named after the woman who delivered her after the ferry crashed," Elise said.